Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright since my plans fell through today I decided to do a little experiment. It showed me everything I need to know.. Go to youtube you will find a camera on the speedo of a 1000x from 0-73 and times in sec (I double checked it with my stopwatch). The only bad thing about it is he could be cheating.. Going down hill ect... So I re-enacted the little experiment. Trust me I didnt cheat. The only streach of road near my subdivision is slightly up hill the whole strech & I had a strong head wind. Also remember I have no OD all I have is Vjohns clutch kit not his MOD. If I had OD or had the mod I would have done 75-77 mph. I am a little slow on the computer but I am trying to put mine on youtube sidexside vs the Canam 1000. Hope to have that linked up soon.. OK on to the numbers.. 0-50 1000x was 7.5 sec (my 840 0-50 5 sec) 1000x time 0-60 9.5 sec ( 840 0-60 7.4 sec) 1000x 0-72 17.5 sec ( 840 0-72 15.8 ) :D:D:D Ok so I didnt get to race one but I did the next best thing. On the youtube video he hit 73 in 21 sec. and was topped out. My video I hit 72 in 15.8 and was topped out because the strech of road was a slight uphill pull the whole way. I had my bike hit 74 on a relative flat road with a very light decline with a 220 lb passenger. So When the race does happen (and it will) the commander owner will be shocked ( because they all believe that it is the fastest and there is no way a 840cc heavier Teryx can compete with a 1000cc rotax lighter commander);) Just imagine in your head going 60 mph hitting your stop watch and letting 2 full sec go by and see how far you have travelled.. That is how far the Teryx 840 will be in front of the 1000x in a race:p

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alright since my plans fell through today I decided to do a little experiment. It showed me everything I need to know.. Go to youtube you will find a camera on the speedo of a 1000x from 0-73 and times in sec (I double checked it with my stopwatch). The only bad thing about it is he could be cheating.. Going down hill ect... So I re-enacted the little experiment. Trust me I didnt cheat. The only streach of road near my subdivision is slightly up hill the whole strech & I had a strong head wind. Also remember I have no OD all I have is Vjohns clutch kit not his MOD. If I had OD or had the mod I would have done 75-77 mph. I am a little slow on the computer but I am trying to put mine on youtube sidexside vs the Canam 1000. Hope to have that linked up soon.. OK on to the numbers.. 0-50 1000x was 7.5 sec (my 840 0-50 5 sec) 1000x time 0-60 9.5 sec ( 840 0-60 7.4 sec) 1000x 0-72 17.5 sec ( 840 0-72 15.8 ) :D:D:D Ok so I didnt get to race one but I did the next best thing. On the youtube video he hit 73 in 21 sec. and was topped out. My video I hit 72 in 15.8 and was topped out because the strech of road was a slight uphill pull the whole way. I had my bike hit 74 on a relative flat road with a very light decline with a 220 lb passenger. So When the race does happen (and it will) the commander owner will be shocked ( because they all believe that it is the fastest and there is no way a 840cc heavier Teryx can compete with a 1000cc rotax lighter commander);) Just imagine in your head going 60 mph hitting your stop watch and letting 2 full sec go by and see how far you have travelled.. That is how far the Teryx 840 will be in front of the 1000x in a race:p
Yes but when you watch the video 0-70 mph in 13 sec that very fast! I would say you will lose in a short race.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man that thing really hits hard on the take off. Watching the video the speedo gains faster from 0 to 50 and the gains slo from 50 to 70. But out of the hole the speedo goes like 5 12 20 28 33 35 39.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes but when you watch the video 0-70 mph in 13 sec that very fast! I would say you will lose in a short race.
Take your own stopwatch and see.. My buddys 840 raced a X Sat night. ( mine runs almost even with his) From 0-50 he was 30ft in front of the X..60-70 the x pulled with in 25 ft.. Then the 840 pulled away until they let off.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah....i need an 840, but i probably will need someone to install it for me (which I hate).
I can help you with that.. If you are close to the Kentucky area.. I do install big bore kits & do repairs.. Trust me , it will be "dialed in or tuned " as good or better than anybody out there. We spend alot of time "dialing in" the 840..We make sure clutching, maps or jetting and timing are all working together for peak performance. PM me if interested OR if you want to tackle the job yourself PM me and I will give you help over the phone or through PM absolutly FREE :wave:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I like that KW, thats what makes this forum great we can all bullshit and brag but when someone needs help there is always someone to step in and help, that is going above and beyond, WAY TO GO KW

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man that thing really hits hard on the take off. Watching the video the speedo gains faster from 0 to 50 and the gains slo from 50 to 70. But out of the hole the speedo goes like 5 12 20 28 33 35 39.
Yeah thats the way I like it.. Think about it . How often do you ride from 50-70 mph? Now the best part is think about being in a trail and coming around a sharp 90deg turn into a straight strech.. or better yet looking at that steep hill ahead of you.. Then think about being able to nail it and get to 0-50 in 5 seconds:D:D:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah thats the way I like it.. Think about it . How often do you ride from 50-70 mph? Now the best part is think about being in a trail and coming around a sharp 90deg turn into a straight strech.. or better yet looking at that steep hill ahead of you.. Then think about being able to nail it and get to 0-50 in 5 seconds:D:D:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Man i wish i lived close to someone who could help me with my upcoming 840 build, i think i can tackle it myself it would just be nice to have someone there whose been thru it help me along the way as ive never built an engine before aside from doing top ends on some of my old dirt and banshee bikes yrs ago, i really wanna do the 840 and that vid just justified it. Maybe ill take a vacation down to KY and get some help, ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Kentucky what kind of rpms are you turning at 72 mph the 1000 is turning 8050 so my guess is that when msd or someone come out with something that can raise the rpms on the 1000 it will have a higher top end Look below and give me an idea of what else i need to make mine have all of what you have so that mine will go as fast as yours. Keep in mind i am in south texas area (North of Houston Tx) and it gets hot down here so would i need a larger radiator. When i run mine hard in the sand now, my temp gets up to 195 to 210 with water impellar already installed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kentucky what kind of rpms are you turning at 72 mph the 1000 is turning 8050 so my guess is that when msd or someone come out with something that can raise the rpms on the 1000 it will have a higher top end Look below and give me an idea of what else i need to make mine have all of what you have so that mine will go as fast as yours. Keep in mind i am in south texas area (North of Houston Tx) and it gets hot down here so would i need a larger radiator. When i run mine hard in the sand now, my temp gets up to 195 to 210 with water impellar already installed.
My bike was turning about 9100 rpms & my rev limiter is set at 9500. My stock carbs and stock valves are keeping me from hitting the rev limiter going slightly uphill. I dont have overdrive either so that limits my topend. On flat ground it hits the rev limiter at 74. Now for your bike to run with mine you will need the 840FST stage III cams, 38 mm throttle bodies & big injectors( not for extra power but your stock injectors will wear out faster because they will run 100% duty cycle alot) Unfortunately your going to have to put a oilcooler on or upgrade your radiator in your riding conditions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts