Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I was wondering @ what psi you run your (stock) tires at? This past weekend a friend of mine (who owns a stock Rhino) and I (Teryx) went out to some local trails. I destroyed the Rhino at everything except one hillclimb that was long, steep, and sandy. The Rhino made it up, but the Teryx didn't. I didn't lack any power, the tires just started digging in. I already have the tires down to 6 psi, should I go lower??? How much lower can I go in these tires?

I can't think of anything else that would cause the Rhino to make it, but that would stop the teryx.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Do you happen to know what tires the Rhino was running?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Were you in 4wd? Was the Rhino?

You are a little heavier, but not so much that I would think you would have had problems. Not sure you want to go too much lower on the air pressure without beadlocks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We both were in 4 wheel drive, both had the front diffs open. All things basically equal between the two! Maybe I should have eased off the gas a little bit :laugh:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am running my stock tires at 5 psi with ITP beadlock wheels. I have never had a problem with traction yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been running 5 in the front and 9 in the rear. No problems so far. Pulls really good in dry river sand, and climbing hills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts