Teryx HQ banner

Tire Questions.

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just curious as to what tires you guys would recommend for the Southeast. Mud, Trails, Hills, Rocks, ect...I'm running Baja Crosses now and I've had no issues with them, except a few times on soggy hills they seem to gum up rather quickly. I ride with mostly RZR's and a couple Rhinos. The RZR people swear by the Bighorns, I have a line on a set of those for a good price. But I've heard they don't corner too well on the twisty trails. Judging by the RZR's I can believe this. Some run the Reptiles, not sure how they do on the heavier Teryx though. I've seen a few people running the Bighorn clones (Dirt tamers, I believe) on their RZR 900s and they seem to do well. Just looking for opinions. I'm currently running 14" ITP beadlocks with the Baja Crosses.

#2 ·
I have the same rims and am also running the bajacross's. I find them not to bad in mud and good on hardpack and rocks, but they suck azz in the snow. I have reptiles on my other teryx, they seem to work pretty well. I have not had any problems with them yet, but am not to confident in them. The sidewalls are very soft and probably not very tuff, I think I have just been lucky with them so far. I have also used 28" zillas and they were not bad, but they weren't radials so they were not what I was after either. A couple of the guys that I ride with have 26" original bighorns and they seem to like them alot, but they will load up with mud without wheel speed, but offer pretty decent all around performance. I have a set of 27.5 x 11 x 14 pitbull growlers on order and will have them next week and I am pretty confident that these were the right choice for my riding style (snow, mud, rocks etc.), they are not cheap but I think will be worth the wait and money. Good luck on your search.

#3 ·
We would agree with the Pit Bull Growler tires. They are an excellent tire in the mud as well as hard pack trails. The extra sipping helps the traction for this tire plus the 8 ply rated side wall offers excellent protection against the elements. Also the Radial construction helps this tire handle better.

Please let us know if we can help with this tire or is you have any questions.

#7 · (Edited)
Both the Rocker and Growler tires are about 1/2 inch taller than the size indicates. The 25.5 run about 26 inches tall. You can run the same size all the way around if you stay with the narrower tire. It seems to be more of a personal preference. I like the look of the slightly wider tire in the rear and think it helps when rock crawling.

Hope this helps.

#8 ·
some ppl say goin with same width all around keeps front end from pushing so much, also you can rotate tires as long as there not directional, also you could carry around 1 spare instead of 2 diff sizes. i will go with 9 1/2 all around next time, BTW, my vote is for rockers, i love my 26.5's bulletproof, wear like iron, ride smooth, and best all around tire i have ever used, only downfall is they are on the heavy side,which is worth the trade off IMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.