Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you run any sort of sealant in your tires? For example Slime, NoFlat, etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't. I heard it can mess up/eat away at Aluminum rims. I don't have facts to back that up, just what I have heard. But I won't be risking it. Spent too much money on rims. I just carry a good plug kit and small air compressor with me..

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I had heard something like this before, but it was not from sealant if I remember correctly, it was from Fix-A-Flat.

Hmm I wonder if there is any truth to it ruining wheels :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have used slime in the past it works great. Just need to watch out it can make the tire or wheel off balance and give a little bit of vibration.

I'm not sure what it would do to Aluminum rims.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use slime in everything

Toy trailer, Teryx, quad, klx110, crf50 , bicycle tubes come with it now. I used to use it for the prerunner and motocross bike, but I sold them to get the Teryx. Go to Walmart, they sell it by the gallon for about 30 bucks with a pump handle which makes installation so much easier than hand squeezing that bottle which is a pain. It's cheap insurance. Seems to be working good for the minibikes and I don't get flats on my trailer anymore. Minibike flat= 20 bucks and a ruined weekend, trailer flat = 90 bucks/ stranded?, I got a flat on my Teryx the first time out, haven't had one since I put slime in. Now I carry a spare and I've never had to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts