Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is: I have made my Teryx street legal. It does fine, but it is way too twitchy. I used to race Sprint cars and for the hard tracks they changed the toe to make them less twitchy in the straightaways, but I can't remember if it was toe in for the asphalt or toe out. I think it was toe in but if someone knows for sure it would help.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
most any type of vehicle will drive better with a slight toe in of about 1/16 to 1/8 toe in, I have been doing alignments for almost 30 years, more toe will hold center better but if you go over about 1/8" you will start to get to much wear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I could not for the life of me remember which way it was for the asphalt.--Livy

·
Registered
282 Posts
i run mine with about 1/8 - 1/4 inch toe out....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i run mine with about 1/8 - 1/4 inch toe out....
Toe in or toe out will serve the same purpose as far as making it hold the center line but if you run alot of hard surface the toe out or negative will cause more wear, as far as race cars most all of them run toe out or negative toe but tire wear does not matter to most racers because they change the tires pretty often, if you don't run alot of hard surface it don't really matter, but if you put 1/4" toe out on most street vehicles you would wear the two front tires out in 1000 miles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little toe in made a big difference in the way the car went down the straights. Not much around an 1/8 total. It made the front track true. I changed my Teryx the other night and could tell the difference right away. It help control the darting, made it more stable. But that is for the asphalt only. One of those things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts