Teryx HQ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

The main reason I bought a Teryx was to replace the ATV that I was using to go in and out of camp with. The camp trail is pretty much an ATV trail, very rough and muddy the Teryx goes in and out with ease other then I have to go around some low limbs and overhanging tree that I used to go under with the ATV. Has anyone seen or heard of an aftermarket rollcage that is lower then the stock cage? When I set in the seat there is a good 10" between my head and the top of the rollbar. I plan on replacing the plastic roof with an aluminum aftermarket one ( any good ones out there yet?) that will lower it a little but not much.

thanks
John
UpState NY

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey John, first off welcome to the site! Where in upstate NY are you located? We have a farm in a little town called West Clarkesville...not too far outside of Cuba (no not that Cuba) and Friendship.

To answer your question, yes, a lot of cage builders do it fact build or can build you cages that are lowered. Those same companies can also build you an aluminum roof to go along with them.

Are you looking at keeping it a two seater or are you planning on building it into a four seater?

Nonetheless, check out some of the build sponsors and site supporters here on this site as some of them do build cages and see if they can help you out.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Yes our Teryx cages are 4" lower then stock and Im working on a seat package that will be 3 inches lower then stock then I will build a cage to our seats that should be about 8 or 9" inches lower then stock but its still about a month out Im also working on a 4 seat cage that will still let the bed dump with a removable rear seat for the farming, hauling, trash moving man.....
Heres some pictures

UTV Crap

Heres a picture of the rzr I build its about 12" lower then stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Info everyone.

The roll cage I had in mind would be smiler to the stock roll bar, just lower.
I would like to be able to use the dump feature that came with the LE model.
I live about 40 miles north of Utica, NY in the town of Ohio. You may have heard of "Snow Bash" snowmobile grass drag racing we have here each year.
Thanks again
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
A few years back we had low limbs on the trail so we used a chainsaw to trim them down a bit. We had plenty of fire wood for 4th of July :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just hit the low limbs....now the LE roof is gone. The rollcage doesn't seem to mind though. I kinda of like the higher cage, especially with a cowboy hat on.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
That is the beauty of the textured finish of that cage...much more durable than some of the other cage finishes out there.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Yes our Teryx cages are 4" lower then stock and Im working on a seat package that will be 3 inches lower then stock then I will build a cage to our seats that should be about 8 or 9" inches lower then stock but its still about a month out Im also working on a 4 seat cage that will still let the bed dump with a removable rear seat for the farming, hauling, trash moving man.....
Johnny/UTVCrap
Are you building your cages out of Chromoly?
Are they going to be mandrel bent?
How low is the 4 seater cage going to be? Going to take advantage of the lower PBR seats and seat bases?

A radius bend at the front to allow lower height and the light bar at the same height as the back section would be cool. Please post pictures when done.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My cage is 4 inches lower. I think if you wanted to get crazy you could do what utvcrap is doing go with the lower seat bases and get another 2 or 3 inches. I would like to see pics of the rear seat kit that lowers it 3 more inches that would be sweet.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Im still waiting on seat orders to come in but we build cages out of 120 wall mild steel or 095 chromoly and we can do anything else you want special and yes we will be taking full advantage of or lower seats and mounts and on mine I will be mounting a led lightbar under the front brow like this rhino

1 - 10 of 10 Posts