Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made a few top speed runs with my gps, ran 72 mph and was still pulling, one of the mods i forgot to mention is i sent my primary clutch to vforcejon at Interstate motors to have him machine it. the impressive part was it hit 60-65 in the same distance my stock motor hit 45-50, anyways it hits 65 in a hurry to get that last 5-7 mph you have to stretch it out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What cdi box are you using and do you have the Dalton kit and overdrive plate?? My VDI is hitting the rev limit around 58! Will try a run on tues. with the Dalton kit and OD plate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VDI on the 2nd setting, im not running a overdrive cover, i just sent my whole primary to vforce john over on kawieriders. He says the machining he does give it 2-3 times more overdrive than the overdrive plate. when mine just had a slip on pipe and vdi i was running about 61mph just didnt have the power to use all of the overdrive.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks Bret, after installing the dalton kit and overdrive plate my top speed went from 58 to 70!!!:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm at 59 with over drive plate and the RPM is nearly maxed out. You guys must have larger diameter tires than me.
Im running stockers, I think the other guys are runnin 27" bighorns which are probably 2" taller than the stockers. I think thats why Bret is getting a little more topend then me. Keep in mind Todd, we have over twice the hp as you do. I dont know how to explain it but mine would only do 58 without the clutch kit and overdrive plate. With that on, it does 70 and it gets there real quick!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts