Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed HW jet and air box mod.Stock pipe,DT cdi just wondering where to put tpi valves.And if to use 1 or 2 and what setings thanks

Chris

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I believe you install both of them at the top of the airbox. I do not have the kit, so I could be incorrect, but I believe you run with them open and then start closing them as you gain altitude.

Todd correct me if I am wrong though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Todd's video shows them, that is how I learned where to install mine. From my experience over 150 miles, you will want both. I jet for one open and one closed and I use them both a lot. With them in the back of the airbox lid, you can open or close them as needed for your driving conditions without taking off the top plastic that covers the airbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Air box

Thanks guys,magg thanks for the pics. As soon as i got home today i installed them in the same spot as your pics before i saw them on the forums.WOW what a diff Iv jetted a lot of stuff in my day but never felt a diff like this.Mine seems to run best with both wide open.I have no pops no stumbles nothing just a nasty snap when i hit the gas and i think thats comming from my neck.GOOD JOB TODD.Iv got 30" mud lite tires on right now and went for a spin and it felt good so i came back and put my 26" tires on and wow does it ripppppp no more drag racing in 2wd because it fish tails for 50 feet. I cant belive how fat the stock needle is compared to the one in the kit, it just showes how detuned thay are.I think pistons and cams this winter and duel pipes and that should be good for a bit. I just spent $5000 today on turbo for my 800cc polaris dragon so the teyx will have to wait, Im looking foward to the rest of walker tune let me know how that goes I love walkers shocks as I have them on my sled. So thanks again for all the tips .

Chris

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks guys,magg thanks for the pics. As soon as i got home today i installed them in the same spot as your pics before i saw them on the forums.WOW what a diff Iv jetted a lot of stuff in my day but never felt a diff like this.Mine seems to run best with both wide open.I have no pops no stumbles nothing just a nasty snap when i hit the gas and i think thats comming from my neck.GOOD JOB TODD.Iv got 30" mud lite tires on right now and went for a spin and it felt good so i came back and put my 26" tires on and wow does it ripppppp no more drag racing in 2wd because it fish tails for 50 feet. I cant belive how fat the stock needle is compared to the one in the kit, it just showes how detuned thay are.I think pistons and cams this winter and duel pipes and that should be good for a bit. I just spent $5000 today on turbo for my 800cc polaris dragon so the teyx will have to wait, Im looking foward to the rest of walker tune let me know how that goes I love walkers shocks as I have them on my sled. So thanks again for all the tips .

Chris
I agree with you 100%. The HW Kit is definitely good for the butt dyno. Glad to hear you got it working well. I also like the neck snapping throttle response. Put a Muzzy's system on and FLIP OUT!!

The Walkers are doing amazing. Went to the roughest place Rose Hill, VA and FLEW over a lot of rocks literally. Took the dampening down to 3 clicks front and rear on the rocky ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts