Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it mounted up, got power to it, ran the tach lead to the tach lead on the VDI and checked out the tach. After playing with it I set the Pulse at 2 and it seems somewhat accurate, set on 1 like the instructions said, seemed to be reading x2. However the tach rpms seem to jump ALOT, from a low of 800 to 2000 at an idle. Just wondering how the guys that just wrap the lead around the plug wire seems to read and how do you have it set?

When drilling the hub for the speedo pickup, how did you guys quess where to drill it, I know you can get close by eyeballing, but there has to be a better method. I was hoping to remove the rotor bolt and drill a pilot hole through the rotor hole into the hub, but its not an open hole. Need some input here. Also what number did you guys use to figure out the speedo conversion for stock tires or is it programmed for it?

On the water temp sending unit, did you guys mount it to the top radiator hose or the bottom?

Im hoping the tach is more accurate then what it appears to be. Im second quessing my purchase and think I shouldve went with the stock kawie unit and a good aftermarket stand alone tach. I may have a vapor unit for sale if this tach thing is just for show.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When we were drilling our hole for the speedo first we marked a line on the top and bottome of the caliper bracker lineing it up with the caliper bolt. Then I took the caliper bolt and place it in the meateiest part of the caliper and took my sharpy and placed it into the bolt measureing the distance. I help the sharpy on the side I wanted to drill and made a mark. We drilled the hole and it is almost exact. Trail tech did say it didn't have to be exact just close. You need between 1/16 and 1/8 gap between the 2 bolts. Man after reading that I hope it makes sense.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, I actually have not finalized my installation only because I need to determine when the long travel arrives the sppedo cable is not going to be long enough to reach the hub, therefore, I have not drilled yet.

For the coolant temp, I am going to cut into the hose after the bend on the drivers side closest to the radiator.

For the tach, I will be attaching it to the tach output on the Dynatek Ignition Module, however, the output of that is 2 pulses, so I will have to report back once it is connected fully. I know that does not help you all the much, however, once everything is in, I will do a writeup of the install, however, I am sure you will be long done with your installation by then.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we were drilling our hole for the speedo first we marked a line on the top and bottome of the caliper bracker lineing it up with the caliper bolt. Then I took the caliper bolt and place it in the meateiest part of the caliper and took my sharpy and placed it into the bolt measureing the distance. I help the sharpy on the side I wanted to drill and made a mark. We drilled the hole and it is almost exact. Trail tech did say it didn't have to be exact just close. You need between 1/16 and 1/8 gap between the 2 bolts. Man after reading that I hope it makes sense.
Thanks for the info, what about your tach, does it seem to bounce around and do you have it wraped around the plug wire? Did you have to enter a number for the speedo or is it programmed?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have not done my tach yet I am waiting to see what I am going to do about a cdi. As soon as I decide I will finish up the tach install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts