Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site...and new to the UTV world. I currently have 2 Honda ATVs...'07 Foreman and an '07 Rincon. After a couple of years of these machines, I have figured out it's time to make the plunge into the UTV world. I do a lot of duck hunting and the UTV is really what I need...do a little trail riding, but mostly hunting.

First, I've got sell my quads...working on that now.

Second, I've got to sell my trailer...it's a 5 x 14, dove tail, new tires/wheels...pretty slick...but a Teryx won't fit on it.

So, question - what is the best trailer for hauling a Teryx? I assume at least 6' wide...what about length? My son has a dirt bike that we occasionally take with us riding...and I plan to get a small ATV for my daughter within the next 2 years. Was thinking about a 6 x 12...put the Teryx/dirt bike on the trailer (will it fit?) and the ATV in the bed of truck.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Reb

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
With a dirt bike and a quad, I'd go 8 or 8.5 wide (dirt bike beside the Teryx.) and 14'+ long (quad sideways). Then you have flexibility as either the quad or the dirt bike and/or your gear can go in the back of the truck box. It seems like you have a lot of toys so I'm sure you can always bring more that way.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I sell utility trailers teryx with stock tires and wheels will just squeeze on a 5' trailer, I know Doug said 8-8.5 but trailer with are given by inside bed width there really is know such legal utility trailer that wide the trailer we sell the most for utvs is actually a 6'4" by 10' or 12' that is usually as wide as you see, we also sell alot of 6'4"x12 with ramps on the side along with gate on the rear any thing that width that is any longer I you would really need to go to tadem These trailers I am talking about are 76" in side the bed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Daddy, I like the idea of a side load, but since the Teryx will be going on the trailer first, it's kind of irrelevant...I have looked for a 6 x 12 (or 14) with a side load, but with the side load ramp toward the back of the trailer...behind the axle (not in front)...between the axle and the ramp on the back of the trailer...does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
They also make a trailer that has a gate on the front that allows you after you have hooked up the trailer to let it down on to your tailgate and drive one into your truck bed pretty neat idea

·
Registered
189 Posts
a stock teryx just fits on a 5x10 landscape trailer

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Its crazy how these utvs has grown I just ordered one of my friends a 6'4" x14' trailer, he bought one of the new Polaris 4 seaters come by and got a 12' trailer to go pick it up called me later and said that the 12' was not long enough and he would need a 14' I said you are crazy turned out he was right the only way it would fit on a 12' was to back it on, who would have thought we would be seeing atv's that would take a 14' trailer to haul it around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use a 6.5' x 10' utility trailer and the teryx fits on there just fine...if i didnt have the box on the front of my trailer it would be a little easier, but i just throw a strap around the bumper on the teryx and strap it to the front of the trailer...thats the only way i've found to do it so that it wont scratch up the tailgate handles...I've thought about getting some of those fasteners to attach to various places on the trailer floor, but if you use a ratchet strap on the front bumper (stock) it'll hold just fine

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've also got a tandem axle 7'x14' or 16' with the side gate...it'll easily haul a teryx and the Rincon...the side gate makes loading them pretty easy...I dont think you can quite get 2 Teryxs on there...there is a little trailer that a friend of mine uses thats basically a flat piece of grated steel on what looks to be pontoon boat trailer tires...its like a 6'x10' or so, but it hauls everything very well because its completely flat...Im just not so sure how i feel about it...I think it was relatively cheap too, like less than $800 or so...he primarily uses it to haul rhinos and rzr's, i forget what all he can cram on there at once...i'll see if i can grab some pics from him one day this week

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you drive over the fender wells you can stuff a teryx into the bed of a full size 8ft truck, I've put my 08 teryx, two quads one 450 one 80, and two dirt bikes 400 and 110, and a bunch of gear stuffed in every crack on a standard 16ft car trailer, the price of trailers these days it's not much more to go with a car trailer, then you can use it for more toys, only problem is everyone wants to borrow it all the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shady's right. A good car hauler will hold a UTV and a couple of quads side by side. With all the quads I carry, I had to sell it and get a 20' with a dove. Now I can carry 6 quads and the Teryx. I would get either the 6x14 with brakes or a car hauler. The tandem axles pull a lot better too.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have a 82x18 dovetail and a 82x16 straight and I am hoping I can get my sons RZR170 and my Teryx on the 16 footer. With the 18" RustyB and I got both out Teryx machines on it no problem. I had a 74x17 Landscape trailer with rear ramp and I could only get my Teryx and a big quad on it end to end. Side ramp would have helped on it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey Big Daddy where is farmerville? I have been looking for a 16ft trailer with 2 3500 pound axles and was wondering what you thought i should be paying. Cheapest so far is $935. It is just a basic 16 ft trailer, probably used tires and i think it has no ramps at that price (ramps are extra) since it is so cheap. Do you know of any better prices around Houston Tx area. I live 35 miles north east of houston. I have also been trying to find used trailers as well. Dont realy care how it looks just want it to function and be mechanically sound. It is just like a old rusty hammer in the tool box to me.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
codyo sounds like a good price trailer went up quite a bit in the last couple of years, in Louisianna you must sell a new trailer now with new tires I think our base 16' tandem with no brakes, pine floor, no ramps and with new tires are 1199.00, Farmerville in is extreme north La about 30 north on Monroe and I-20 about 15 miles from Arkansas line.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bought New

Lawrimore 18x82 dovetail car hauler 1650.
Leonard 16x82 straight car hauler with break away break system 1799

Leonard is a more HD trailer with better tires and wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts