Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a winter project, but thought I would start gathering parts.

I replaced my Teryx bed/box with Sandjunkies Bed Delete and thought of building a trailer with it to pull behind the Teryx with it. Anyone done this?

I was going to hang some Teryx plastic on it and probably use my stock tires too, as the bolt pattern is the same and it would be easier to carry a spare tire. So I thought I would need to build a frame, buy a trailer coupler, and find an axle, probably a bit of wiring and would have a trailer for camping. (If it was only that easy:laugh:).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Doug, you sure you want a single axle trailer? They bounce like a mofo. I would go with a walking beam if I were you. This is what I am doing, aluminum tub trailer with the ability to stick my racing quad up top and a semi sealed lid for the trailer as well.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I may have to add shocks or some leaf springs. I haven't got that far yet.
I'm just thinking of a way to build a relatively cheap trailer, use parts laying around the garage anyways, which I could throw gas, coolers, & camping gear in, or maybe haul some wood back to camp or do some chores around the acreage with.

I thought it would look good with matching plastic, which I have to buy yet.

If I use it lots, I would eventally get a tandem axle trailer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was think of a single axle with shock awhile back too. Maybe see if you can find a set of a arms and shocks and have independent suspension. It may help with the bouncing. Just make it so you can double up the shocks if need be.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was think of a single axle with shock awhile back too. Maybe see if you can find a set of a arms and shocks and have independent suspension. It may help with the bouncing. Just make it so you can double up the shocks if need be.
Stock take off a-arms and shocks would be cool. Great excuse to go with a medium travel kit for the Teryx. Not sure if the wife would let that one slip by. LT kit for the Teryx would make this an expensive trailer. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Rhino trailer came out great. Now I just have to talk my wife into spending more money on this money pit so I can use the suspension stock parts. Might be a while, as I bought to much stuff this year.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I pull trailers a lot with my t rex. Nothing that fancy, just regular trailers. Flat decks,stake pockets with sides, a rock hauling trailer(no suspension). That rhino trailer would be on its side more than on its wheels for me. I learned a while ago with quads that you can use quad tires or suspension, but never both on the same trailer or it tips on its side repeatedly. A trailer like that rhino trailer looks cool but not that useful for me. May be I just corner to faster than you might?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Glad to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts