Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the LM-1 a/f gauge that a recently bought from a forum member and would like some pointers on how to use this with my msd to tune my teryx, never done any tuning like this so any help appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
not quite positive how to make adjustments with the FI models, but the monitoring and data gathering should be the same... you will want to measure from both the front and rear cylinders. I am assuming that your muzzy's have the O2 bungs welded in both front and rear pipes. Follow the instructions on warming up and calibrating the LM-1 unit before performing the actual tests. i start with the front cylinder, then measure at 1/4 throttle, half throttle, and WOT. read the numbers on the display of the LM-1 during each of the tests (it also stores the data on the device which you can import into the software via a laptop). perform the test the same way on the rear cylinder. ideally, you want the readings to be between 12.5 and 13.1. from this point, on the carbed models you can make whatever jet / mixture changes are needed....but not sure on the FI model.... enjoy!

ps...there will be sometimes where you might have a slight miss / hesitation throughout the throttle range that will not be resolved. ive always been told to tune for the throttle range you most often ride in... ie, if you ride WOT 90% of the time, tune for WOT and learn to live with a slight miss at half throttle......

pps... another important item while tuning.... perform these tests while the engine is under load (not on jackstands or in neutral....) the readings will be very different when not under a load.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you guys adjust a/f at idle as well, just for hell of it i plugged LM-1 into rear pipe (cuz its easy to get to) and got reading of about 14.5, i'm waiting til i can get a helper to go thru the whole range but was wondering if anyone thought that was to lean to risk riding in the mean time. Dont wanna burn it up. also seemed like it ran worse with O2 sensor plugged into pipe, is this normal?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
do you guys adjust a/f at idle as well, just for hell of it i plugged LM-1 into rear pipe (cuz its easy to get to) and got reading of about 14.5, i'm waiting til i can get a helper to go thru the whole range but was wondering if anyone thought that was to lean to risk riding in the mean time. Dont wanna burn it up. also seemed like it ran worse with O2 sensor plugged into pipe, is this normal?
Never heard of it running any different with sensor in.

Yes I adjust idle, get it to about 12

1 - 5 of 5 Posts