Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ray at FPS has made a turbo for the Kawi VTwin. Currently tested on the vforce .
A very impressive 275hp+ for a Kawi V twin.
See youtube video below

Edit He also has 800cc Teryx motor testing on his youtube Dynoray1 area.

YouTube - dynoray1's Channel

·
Registered
124 Posts
WOW

That is crazy

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I know that Muzzys is working on a turbo and there is another company that we were potentially going to work with who was developing a turbo (they are going to wait until the EFI is released)

I am a very big fan of turbos indeed!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know if a turbo is solid/no issues for water crossings or other places they can get splashed/wet? Any issues?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was at Fundy the other day to pick up my teryx with the fundy standard bore kit(they are only less than an hour from here) and I can tell you there was a lot of tinkering to learn the intricate parts of the reaction of this engine/carbs,etc on the turbo. Ray does a lot of turbocharged 4 stroke snowmobiles on the yamaha models ,and is quite familiar with all turbo systems,...it was still time consuming.
Very cool deal

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that Muzzys is working on a turbo and there is another company that we were potentially going to work with who was developing a turbo (they are going to wait until the EFI is released)

I am a very big fan of turbos indeed!
So, at what point are we going to have ton upgrade the entire drivetrain to support the HP mods that seem to be creaping out?

Scott...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Turbo

Hi guys, this is Ray at FPS. although we have a Turbo kit for the V force now we are not planning to do one for the Teryx at this time, it's just not practical for the Rex.
Yes we could do a Turbo for it but to put a $3000-$4000 turbo on a stk motor and make 100HP that would not be reliable with stk parts doesn't make sense when you can drop in our std bore kit for a little over $1000 and have 108HP that is reliable.
To do a Turbo to be worth while you still have to build the engine (rods, pistons, cams, spring kit ect) and we can build upwards of 200HP N/A motor for less cost then a built motor and Turbo to go 200+. The other down side of the Turbo is it would be a dune only machine as the Turbo would have to be mounted under the rear box and Turbo's that run at 1300+ degrees don't like to be splashed with water.
Ray

·
Registered
113 Posts
So, at what point are we going to have ton upgrade the entire drivetrain to support the HP mods that seem to be creaping out?

Scott...
Hi Scott, we had one of our 150HP 800 motors in our Teryx for the last few weeks and have been doing WOT lauches on pavement in 4x4 and the only thing breaking so far is the tures loose, LOL
The rear ends are very heavy compaired to the quads and we have been putting 170-180HP through the quads for a couple of years now.
Ray

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ray How big can you go on a teryx and still remain fairly reliable and run 92 octane pump gas?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ray How big can you go on a teryx and still remain fairly reliable and run 92 octane pump gas?
1020cc's:D
We are just finishing up the monster motors but the final version of our 1000 on 92oct should be about 170HP and close to 200hp in race trim.
When you go big displacement you HAVE to have the big heads and carbs though.
ie: our std bore kit with everything perfect and a muzyy exhaust, Dyna CDI, open airbox and free flowing filter makes 108HP with stk heads and carbs, our 800 and 820 make the same peak HP with stk carbs and heads but make peak HP at a lower RPM and our 840 actually makes less HP because the stk heads and carbs just won't feed it. You can take advantage of 35-36mm CV carbs or 34mm flat slide carbs if they were available with the stk heads but any more then that doesn't do anything. You need the big race heads to make real HP.
Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts