Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Not sure what the heck you said but Hi and glad you are here.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
LOL well nonetheless welcome to TeryxHQ, it is great to have you with us and we look forward to seeing you around often.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I don't know much about the trails since I'm just getting into the ATV/UTV scene. Right here in my area Vilas & Oneida counties are death on trails. We have 100's of thousands of state & county forest acres + The Nicolet & Chequamegon national forests, but not 1 mile of ATV trails. They tried to get a trail established a few months ago, but it was voted down by the state & counties. We have hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails, but nothing for the other 3 seasons. The thinking is that most people up here want a more pristine wilderness adventure-hence a proliferation of hiking & biking trails with no motorized vehicles allowed.If you travel 30 miles south to Lincoln county, 30 miles west to Price county, or 30 miles north to Iron county there are numerous ATV trails, but not in this "island" in between. Down near my cabin (Jackson & Monroe counties) there are lots of trails too. Some , but not all of the counties that have ATV trails, are allowing side by sides on a limited trial basis. After the trial period, they will review it & we'll find out if UTV's are welcome or not. Thank God I own 155 acres where I can ride at the cabin, but available time & the cost of gas prohibits going there too often. Hope I've been of some help & perhaps someone else can add to what I've offered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the reply
I was thinking of heading up to Florence county wi. I hear there on the trial trail access.
Will post what I find out .......There are some trails to ride up in Houghton Hancock area of the U.P.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts