Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Todd from hunterworks introduced a product to me called the Nology Hot Wire...This product has an inline capacitor that charges and discharges very rapidly providing a spark 300% more than stock. Also with the Nology wires came some Nology Silver non-resistive spark plugs. After installing this product i immediately noticed how super fast the teryx would start. Today was about 72 degrees and the teryx hasnt been cranked since sunday. Without any choke applied the teryx fired right up and idled like normal. Now on the the engine miss. These wires DID NOT clear up the engine miss but i will say about 40% was removed. Whereas i was having the miss at speeds of 8-30 now its about 20-30 mph. Its an improvemant but not a cure. One last note, if you were experiencing long delayed starts after the engine is good and hot these wires will clear that up. Before these wires after i would go on a long ride and stop for a break, then try the crank back up it would take a while, 4-5 seconds on the ignition and a pump on the accelerator to get it to fire up. Not anymore with these wires. Again id like to give Todd with Hunterworks a big thanks for letting me test this product. Im not gonna give up just yet. Have one or 2 more things up my sleeve. Give me a week or 2 to try out some other products.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on those Hot Wires...I guess some improvement is still an improvement right :)

Let us know if you come up with anything else!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AFter a dozen phone calls to different companies i finally found a place with the dynatek coils in stock that will let me try them out. The moment i said i was looking for dyna coils for a teryx the salesman said you must have engine miss using the dyna cdi? I kinda laughed and said yes. He went on to say they sold 18 of the dyna coils in the past 2 weeks. He said they will clear up the problems.. I guess i will have to see.. should know this comming up Tuesday.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention the guy that took my order said that dynatek was aware of the miss and that the dyna coils was the solution to the problem. I tried to get in touch with dyna product tech support all day, but never go through. Kept saying your call is important to us and you will be helped by the next available service rep. I finally gave up after an hour or so. Seems like a planned strategy to milk more money out of us.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Forgot to mention the guy that took my order said that dynatek was aware of the miss and that the dyna coils was the solution to the problem. I tried to get in touch with dyna product tech support all day, but never go through. Kept saying your call is important to us and you will be helped by the next available service rep. I finally gave up after an hour or so. Seems like a planned strategy to milk more money out of us.
Beginning to feel this dynatek cdi has a flaw, but also feel the whole Teryx's electrical system is very marginal.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with dbmachine this is bull shit I have the miss as well and now I have to by hot coils instead of the dalton clutch kit that I wanted not happy at all they shouldnt sell somthing untill it works the way its supposed to

·
Registered
516 Posts
Maybe I have been really lucky with my Dynatek because don't seem to have any misfires or hard starting problems. The odd time in the fall I had some hard starting after it sat for few minutes after shutting off but that seems to have dissappeared, hopefully. Mine might be jetted really rich and was choking it out in the fall, but now that it has been cold it always starts no problem. Even had it sitting out in -20, pulled the choke and started right up, this was with the Dynatek on it. Have switched the factory in and out, still seems to run good with either in it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Maybe I have been really lucky with my Dynatek because don't seem to have any misfires or hard starting problems. The odd time in the fall I had some hard starting after it sat for few minutes after shutting off but that seems to have dissappeared, hopefully. Mine might be jetted really rich and was choking it out in the fall, but now that it has been cold it always starts no problem. Even had it sitting out in -20, pulled the choke and started right up, this was with the Dynatek on it. Have switched the factory in and out, still seems to run good with either in it.
Your lucky based upon my experience. If anything mine is getting harder to start. But it's not consistent on the starting. Also the miss....some days I don't notice it as much....other days it quite noticeable. That says to me, it's NOT jetting. I think it's all electrical related....a weakness in the Teryx that a Dynatek under engineered product brings to the surface.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Your lucky based upon my experience. If anything mine is getting harder to start. But it's not consistent on the starting. Also the miss....some days I don't notice it as much....other days it quite noticeable. That says to me, it's NOT jetting. I think it's all electrical related....a weakness in the Teryx that a Dynatek under engineered product brings to the surface.
Just in my opinion, what you have said proves that it is in the jetting or fuel, and not the electrical, if it was electrical, I would assume it would be consistant...but I dont know. The fuel and jetting has so many variables, where as the electrical does not. I had this "unknown miss" myself...all the way up to the point when I replaced with the dyna tech hot coils AND....AND, I completely removed the crankcase venting from the air box, I capped off the the nipple at the the box, and ran my vent tube up my roll bar and filtered it off on my hose, would this solve your problem...I don't know, but one of those two things did indeed remove this "flat spot or missing spot" at any intervals of speed I was going.
I am wondering if replacing the pilot jets could solve this problem too? The factory was a 40 pilot, maybe going lower or higher in the pilot jets?
This is what really gets me, motor and the cdi has been out on the brute force for a few years, and I don't remember seeing post about these problem with the brute force motor..
Sorry, but since inception of the 840....well....I have no miss yet....fingers crossed.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Just in my opinion, what you have said proves that it is in the jetting or fuel, and not the electrical, if it was electrical, I would assume it would be consistant...but I dont know. The fuel and jetting has so many variables, where as the electrical does not. I had this "unknown miss" myself...all the way up to the point when I replaced with the dyna tech hot coils AND....AND, I completely removed the crankcase venting from the air box, I capped off the the nipple at the the box, and ran my vent tube up my roll bar and filtered it off on my hose, would this solve your problem...I don't know, but one of those two things did indeed remove this "flat spot or missing spot" at any intervals of speed I was going.
I am wondering if replacing the pilot jets could solve this problem too? The factory was a 40 pilot, maybe going lower or higher in the pilot jets?
This is what really gets me, motor and the cdi has been out on the brute force for a few years, and I don't remember seeing post about these problem with the brute force motor..
Sorry, but since inception of the 840....well....I have no miss yet....fingers crossed.

The 840 is the best fix for it sounds like to me!:laugh:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Teee-rible...the stock pilot jets in my teryx are 38..i have ordered some 42s and some 45's. Im not gonna fool with the pilot jets until i try the dynatek coils out. I will have the dyna coils Tuesday and will let you all know the results wednesday evening.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Teee-rible...the stock pilot jets in my teryx are 38..i have ordered some 42s and some 45's. Im not gonna fool with the pilot jets until i try the dynatek coils out. I will have the dyna coils Tuesday and will let you all know the results wednesday evening.
Great. DB have you removed the crankcase tub vent from the air box?
I'll try that, this week. Maybe in your testing if you would too, but of course one change at a time. And what are the stock pilots?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Ive got the miss everyone speaks of with no upgrades yet! did anyone experience a missing problem before upgrading?
Now THAT is interesting...wondering if that whole crankcase breather scenario has a little more to do with this than most people realize...

And FST?...I like the way you think!...:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MY FINAL UPDATE ON THE DYNATEK COILS.....

i rode a good 100 miles this past weekend.the coils have eliminated the miss and the hard starting issues i was having after the engine gets warm....100% gone...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts