Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I've never gone this route, and I certainly hope this isn't considered spamming, but I want to let you guys know that we're giving away a brand new Yamaha YFZ 450R/X and 19 other impressive prize packages in our new "Scene It Upload Contest", so if you have any interesting photos or video clips you might consider uploading them. It's free to enter, just go to atvscene.com then click to our photo and/or video sections to upload and vote. Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regardless as to whether you guys consider this spam or newsworthy information, please e mail me any news you guys have in the future. We'll feature it in our Today's News section - and you're always free to post anything you like in our forums.

Thanks for considering to leave this post as it is.

Your fellow UTV and ATV enthusiast,
John Pellan
ATV Scene.com

·
Registered
260 Posts
John when are you going to do another 12 hour? Are you still promoting races? Good to see you are still running around in the ATV/UTV arena.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, since you asked....
In ten years of promoting ATV race events I gave away close to a quarter of a million dollars to riders. I kept thinking that the big purse money was a long term investment in that it allowed my events to get noticed and grow faster. Each year I thought ATV racing would really take off and it wouldn't be long before I could recoupe all the money I gave away over the years by landing some good paying outside the industry sponsors. That day never came, and, big purse money or not, only so many people were brave enough to race for 6 and 12 hours at a time. The lackluster team entries, and few money paying sponsors in 2007 was the final blow. I lost a lot of money.

Good news is anyone that's raced one of our 6 or 12 Hours of ATV America events LOVED them, everyone was paid and we lived up to everything we promised… so the event can live again someday.

If anyone knows of a non profit organization with a big staff of dedicated people please let me know. [email protected] I would happily work with them to bring back the event if it could make ATVers happy and raise money for a good cause. It's just a ton work to dial everything in, and I'm not going to gamble and end up losing more money by doing it on my own again. And it's especially risky in these dark days when riders are staying home and selling their machines to pay their bills.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I would not consider this thread spam and we, as a site, would be more than happy to help you promote the sport in any way we can...please feel free to PM me if I can help as I am a mod on this site...keep the good info coming...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts