Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased and installed a air filter adapter and uni filter from utvcrap. I am having a problem with the fitment. The adapter flange that has the holes to bolt the clamp ring to the air box seems to far rearward. I have the adapter in correctly and understand how it should mount. If I install the plate and screws and install the airbox it forces the airbox 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch rearward. If i force it foreward to the mounts it puts alot of pressure in the intake plenums. I have pmd and emailed john at utvcrap but he hasent replied after I sent pics to him. Anyone have any ideas? The adapter is in and works fine i am just worried about long term rubbing around the hole I enlarged into the airbox for the adapter to pass through. Any input would be apprecieated.
thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey man i had the same issues as you on my 08 teryx...if installed correctly the rubber boot between the airbox and plenum will be forced together so much that it doesnt allow the full amount of air to pass from air box to plenum...what i did was mount the billet adapter on the inside of the air box...you will not be able to use the supplied bolts that thread into the adapter..i had to go buy some smaller diameter bolts and lock nuts that would fit all the way through and tighten with the lock nuts...i believe the adapter was meant to be mounted on the inside of the box but the large lip will not allow the supplied nuts to tighten unless you grind the heads down enough that they will clear...i just ran a nice bead of black RTV around the adapter then a bead on the outer perimeters inside and outside the box around the adapter...fits perfect and doesnt squish the rubber boot in between airbox and plenum inwards...i dont have pics...PM me if you need further help..

·
Registered
492 Posts
this is how they should look installed is that how you did your db?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John that is how i did mine but it doesent fit correct. I sent you pics a week ago and I believe you said you recieved them. I was going to install it as dbmachine did but I wanted to inform you of the flaw. I thought I may have recieved the wrong adapter. I was hopping to not have to modify a brand new purpose built part.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and like I told you last week as soon as I got the teryx in the shop and took it apart i would check into it ... sorry for the delay ... Im working on it .......

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dasa- the pics posted by utvcrap are not mine. No i dont have any pics of it uninstalled. I am just goung to fix the issue myself this weekend. The purpose of this was just to notify utvcrap of the issue and see if i was the only person with the problem.

John(utvcrap) thanks for responding. I will just fix the issue myself and hope this helped so others may have a simple install in the future.

P.s. this was all pertaining to a 2008

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just got done checking it and Im with you .... we screwed up big time .... somewhere ... 1/4 ish to long and the button head bolts hit the side.... Im really sorry about the problem ..things like this are why we bought our own cnc machines so we can make them ourselfs...
If anybody esle had this problem ill be making a run of new ones next week we have already ordered material,, we will glady look up your old order and send you a new one ... sorry for all the trouble guys ..... johnny 602-284-2430

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Utvcrap is a stand up company and will be getting my business in the future. I hope everyone views this thread as to help utvcrap and others with this small issue and was never meant in a negative was. I only made this a thread to find if i was the only one with the issue or others. I was beginning to think I was incompetant at simple installs ha. Thanks everyone for responding and for a great forum!

·
Registered
110 Posts
yes i installed it the way the pic is but the supplied bolts have too large diameter heads that will not let you tighten them because they rub on the side of the adapter...the side where the stock rubber boot connects is the side where the bolt heads make contact...other than that it works fine...i just used smaller bolts that would go through the existing holes and used nuts to hold everything in place...but hey if you wanna send me an updated adapter im all for that....thanks again

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my adapter and havent had the time to put it on, John please im me to see if I may have one of the ones that need replaced. I just received mine about three weeks ago. Thanks Derek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts