Teryx HQ banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of a Big bore upgrade and at the point of reinstalling the hoses, wires, brackets, etc…. On the rear cylinder head on the right side front, there is a vacuum hose fitting just above the water pipe fitting. The vacuum hose was dry rotted from extreme heat from blowing the head gaskets during a race. I planned on replacing the hose anyway, so I didn't inspect it thoroughly. Well upon looking closer to it when I went to replace the entire vacuum hose, I noticed two clamps holding an inline brass fitting about 4" from the end of the hose that plugs into the head. I removed the clamps and the brass fitting which a first appeared to just be a size drop down fitting from a larger hose to a smaller hose.
Upon closer inspection, inside the hose simply butted up against the brass fitting on the clamp side furthest from the head and brass fitting there was a plastic spring loaded check valve pushed inside the hose. It is the same diameter as the brass fitting and was just shoved into the hose. It does not appear to be a part of the brass fitting, and I can find no reference to it in the service manual, or on any of the online OEM parts ordering pages where you have specific parts diagrams to order the parts from.
Does anyone have any idea what this is for, and if so a part number for a new one as this one is brittle and broken? Did the previous owner just shove a check valve into the hose? Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts