Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my teryx a couple years now its a 2011 fi model. It recenly quit starting to to the intake valves being too tight. I read some stuff about it, is it as bad as everyone says? Some on line say tear it down and replace valves. Is it that bad or ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
valve trouble

all I can tell u is once I started adjusting mine, it was all the time until no adjustment was left. ive used kibble white and dragonfire racing and it didn't matter. but I never had the valve seats recut which could have been the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2008 750 ( new to me a month ago) that was running and idling poorly. It was through this forum that I came to the conclusion i should check the valves. Well it turned out that the valves were exceptionally tight (cold engine) and once I set them properly it starts, idles and revs up nicely....but....I can really hear valve noise now. I have triple checked the clearances (cold engine) according to the manual (.5 front .8 rear) and they are always spot on. I am wondering if I have to wait a bit for it to set in or should I forego any further operations until I replace them as mentioned above? Will the noise subside once they settle in? The snow is getting deep here now so changing out the valves would be a good winter project for me, just don't want to do any unnecessary work if I can help it. It's not my intent to hijack this thread, but it think any reply would be relevant to the OP's concerns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2008 is one of the first Dasa 840's and I have only had to adjust the valves a few times. They are always pretty close to specs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah they are real noisy when set properly from all I have heard on this set them wide as the tolerance can be so it will be noisy as they tighten back up it will quiet down some I guess, just hope mine stay noisy for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts