Teryx HQ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I understand the need to sell advertising to offset server costs and to turn a nickel or promote sales, but I am a little disappointed with how some of the vendors here jump into a thread like a vulture on road kill.

I guess not being a vendor and being just the average joe with an extreme interest in the sport sets me apart. It just doesn't set well when the Teryx owner makes something, tries to share how easy it is to make stuff on your own with other members and a vendor jumps in hawking parts.

Example: http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/kawasaki-teryx-general-discussions/923-bed-rails.html

I don't know what can be done about this, or if there is an appetite to do something about it, but find it disappointing.

Ken

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there Ken, I see where you are referring to. Harry from Thunderhawk Performance is a really nice guy and I think was only trying to say he has those as a product if anyone does not have the ability to make them. I understand your concern and we have really made an attempt to make things fair for our members here. I know that Harry did not mean to disrespect you so I apologize that you feed that way. I really think it is great that you have the opportunity and the ability to make stuff, I know I do not.

Were there any other instances that you know of?

Also, in regards to advertising, at this time I actually do not charge for advertising on the site, all server costs, etc come out of my pocket. The ads you see on the site are those of the build sponsors. I do not want anyone feeling uncomfortable on the site so I very much appreciate you taking the time to inform me about this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Ken, I see where you are referring to. Harry from Thunderhawk Performance is a really nice guy and I think was only trying to say he has those as a product if anyone does not have the ability to make them. I understand your concern and we have really made an attempt to make things fair for our members here. I know that Harry did not mean to disrespect you so I apologize that you feed that way. I really think it is great that you have the opportunity and the ability to make stuff, I know I do not.

Were there any other instances that you know of?

Also, in regards to advertising, at this time I actually do not charge for advertising on the site, all server costs, etc come out of my pocket. The ads you see on the site are those of the build sponsors. I do not want anyone feeling uncomfortable on the site so I very much appreciate you taking the time to inform me about this.
Thank you for responding. I hope I didn't come across as saying Thunderhawk was a bad person, especially since I don't know him/her. I just didn't care for the advertising he did when the thread was created to help others.

I think the main reason I was concerned is that not everyone has the extra 99.00 in their pocket to just go buy a part and I just wanted to show folks that they can build some of the items themself w/o a huge expense.

I apologize for assuming he had been paying for advertising rights in this forum. At the Kawi Forum those who advertise must have authorization from the forum owner and must pay to do so.

In several of the threads the vendors seem to jump straight in and offer up their products which can be a good thing or bad thing, I guess. You had commented about looking into some paddle tires, but the 14" rims could be an issue. It wasn't long before a vendor commented that they would have them soon. Granted, you would probably have to buy tires from a vendor, and knowing who has them is a good thing, but it just struck me as jumjping to make the sale.

This is a good Forum and kudos to you for the love of the sport and getting it started.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts