Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
anyone here have any killer deer stew recipes?i killed my first deer this year on my second hunt.and have pictures...but dont know how to post.it was a small 5 pointer.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a quick easy...lazy mans recipe.

Ingredients

* 3 stalks celery, diced
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 pounds venison stew meat
* salt and pepper to taste
* dried oregano to taste
* dried basil to taste
* 1 cup tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup dry red wine
* 1/2 cup water

Directions

1. Place the celery, onion, garlic, and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown the venison well in two batches, and add to the slow cooker.
2. Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Pour in the tomato sauce, red wine, and water. Cook on Low for 7 to 10 hours.

·
Registered
44 Posts
not exactly deer but close, i got this last month in northern nevada,weighed 900 pounds, antlers are four foot wide and 50 inches tall. IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

sincity

·
Registered
44 Posts
thank you, it took four pack mules to get him out, i hired a guide for this hunt it took seven years to draw an elk tag in nevada, and if you do draw one and kill one, you cant even apply again for ten years, so i made up my mind years ago that if i ever drew a tag i was going to hire a guide, thats the only way your going to get the big SOB's out of the high country, there were 13 bulls with this guy, five of them were almost as big, the rest were five points or ten points depending on what part of the country you live in.here is a picture of the muley i got this year, it was a good year for hunting.
deer hunting  2008 003.jpg

sincity

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looked like getting the guide was the right decision. Nice looking muley too. I went muley hunting in MT this year but had no luck. Saw a bunch of little ones but I am holding out for the wall hanger. Try it again next year.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That aint no fair showing those kinda deer like that. We dont see that size down here in Houston Texas area unless you are on a fenced in game ranch. Oh well guess i will have to travel north for that kind of hunt. lol What does elk taste like compaired to white tail? I personally like axis deer that i get to shoot over at my freinds 640 acre ranch that is not game fenced. They are over breeding and getting to abundant right now. His place is near Kerrville Tx.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts