Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what will the vfj mods do that will be different than the stock clutch with dalton and dalton cover?the teryx is really geared low compared to other utvs isnt it....?i may go with 27 inch tall tires to help aid the low gearing some....maybe 27-9 bighorns front and rear.i know they will slow it down on a take off but will help it on top end right?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Whitey john machine the angle on the sheaths where the belt rides, he machines some off of where the clutch sheaths go together and then take more off like the od plate does but by machining of f the middle it lets the belt go a little higher increasing top speed by 1-2 mph over the regular od plate, the work on the sheaths changes the rpm and shift points just call him and he will explain it I have never heard a dissapointed customer I think you call really see big differece on your 840

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i let vfj do my clutch...then i will still have to get a clutch kit and a cover right?what im wanting to do is get the most out of my 840 as the clutching will allow.so whats needed.?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You don,t have to buy the clutch od plate, he takes care of that when he does the mod.
There will big a big differece with his mod, but what I understand to get the very most out of your kit and find tune it you have to do a kit, but I talked to john last week and he said he was putting a kit together that was custom to go with his mod and I think it is going to be cheaper than the dalton

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does john ever post on here?i thought the milled stock covers were causing problems?maybenot i read that on hunterworks site...i will have to look again and see..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John told me there was no need in buying od cap he actually cuts it a few thousandth more than the after market plates for about an extra 2mph with 0 problems after he machines the middle of the sheaths where they join at, and I have not seen john on this site but a couple of times he post a lot on the other site along with ray at fundy

·
Registered
780 Posts
i dont think i have ever seen a negative post about VFJ's work.
My clutch is going to him in a week or two once he gets his kits put together.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The best money spent on my unit! Dont waste your money on a Dalton kit it is way over priced! Maybe a good kit but to much money for clutch weights! I snowmobile and can buy weights and spring for alot less like around $150.

·
Registered
116 Posts
He posts alot on Kawieriders, check in the vforce and brute forums. I'm leaning towards him too. My Prairie 650 was done like that and and the clutch has been flawless for the past 5 years. It is time to redo the bushings, its getting a knock again

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I got my work done by john he said that I didn't need a clutch kit. Just a maroon primary spring. The top end is great and all through the rpms. At 50 the motor runs like Your doing 30. Money well spent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts