Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this mod who rides a lot of steep rocky trails where you need good strong bottom end pull, articulation of power, and slow crawling speeds? And, with a heavy car like cage extension and passengers?

I've searched the topic and seen a lot of talk about spinning tires on asphalt and through mud, but that's not what I'm looking for...

Thanks!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Anyone have this mod who rides a lot of steep rocky trails where you need good strong bottom end pull, articulation of power, and slow crawling speeds? And, with a heavy car like cage extension and passengers?

I've searched the topic and seen a lot of talk about spinning tires on asphalt and through mud, but that's not what I'm looking for...

Thanks!
PM pitdog, he has this mod and rides in the same conditions as you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 4 seat setup with vfj mod and his clutch weights. it is awesome.
he asked alot of questions to set this up. it has a little stall before take off bu it gets it done no matter what surface or speed im riding at. I pulled out an elk in rockey/ muddy condithions up hill no problem.

if you get his clutch weights and springs he will ask you if its a 2 or 4 seater, what after market stuff does it have, lt or stock axles, tire size, ect, and set up the proper springs and weights for what you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have also been looking at this clutch. I was told it was the best mod for the buck. I am adding a set of big horn tires soon . Baically other wise stock. I'd like a few mods with out compromising dependability. Just wanting opinions.
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the stage 3 mods from vf john. First i would start by saying that his customer service is excellent. (lots of questions, and he did what he said. Super fast turnaround). So what do you get for $350 bucks? Better surface for the belt to ride on, extended belt life, awesome low gear pulling power.
What i didnt get, zero increase on top end mph. I am happy with the modification and vforce john. I will tell you that Belt deflection is very important with any clutch modification and should be monitored and adjusted as needed or you will see performance slipping away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts