Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just found out that Kaw doesn't want to pay for another motor to get rebuilt. We still have a waranty and our teryx is only 5 months old, 62 hours, and has been in the shop getting fixed more than we have been able to ride it due to the motor not holding up. We have to wait until Monday before we can call Kaw but the dealer that we took our teryx to told us flat out that they locked the motor up from driving it around to see if they could find out what was wrong with it. We shouldn't have to pay for something they did. Yes the motor was knocking but they were the one's to lock it up and do more damage. I'm not saying this is a bad machine. I just think I got a lemon motor and kaw don't want to deal with it. Sure glad I didn't buy the extended waranty yet that would have made me really sick.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Man... that really...really sucks!! I would be thinking legal action, if dealer or Kawi can prove you did negligence, then I could see no warranty. What exactly happened, how long was it drove after noise started? Any indication of what the root of problem was at all?
I'm bummed for ya, what dealer did you buy from?

·
Registered
242 Posts
What did you find out from Kawi on this? If the dealer is stalling I'd call Kawasaki USA directly and work up the chain of command until I got someone to look into it deeper, and also to be sure it isn't the dealer just trying to shaft you.

If you find out the Dealer is just trying to mess with you, then I would make sure to file a complaint with Kawi USA and ALSO the BBB in your area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well we called kaw and they said they would have to tear it down before they would say if it would be covered or not.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well, what happened?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well as of right now they have had my rig for 2 months. 2 weeks ago we called and they haven't tore into it yet. they said we have 34 more units ahead of us and we would have to wait. I guess im screwed at the moment. Maybe I will get it back by X-mas tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts