Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Warn XT40 winch on thier Teryx? If so, is there any special mounting plates or fairlead brackets needed. I have seen where some have installed the XT, or RT 30. But I think that the XT/RT40 is wider and has a wider bolt pattern. The Warn site says 3" x 6.66" is the bolt pattern for the 40. The Teryx mounting location holes are 6.875" wide. All of the aftermarket mounting plates that I have seen, do not metion if the 40 series will fit or not. They only say 15, 25, and 30 series. I would prefer to have the XT40, but if it will not fit, I will go for the XT30.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have not installed one, however, I am almost positive that you will need a mounting plates in order to install.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the 40 winch with the kawi install plate and it fits fine. The roller fair lead that comes with the winch will not fit the kawi plate though. I had to order and install the roller fairlead for the 30 series winch. You will also have to take a grinder and make a small adjustment on the cable clamp so it will fit through the fairlead rollers. Not a big deal really you only have to grind a very small amount of material off of it to fit through the rollers. I am concerned about the roller fairlead mount. Seems like it is a little light duty for the teryx. Have not had to use the winch so far. (teryx loves the hill climbs) I hope this helps.

·
383 Posts
I mounted the xt 40 directly to the frame plate. You have to drill your own holes, cut the crossmember for the bumper to make room for the roller fairlead and notch plastic cover. also mounted solenoid and remote winch controller under the hood behind the dash. Works really good and has lots of room.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have got my mounting plate and am just waiting on my winch to come in. I ordered the XT40, but it is on backorder.

Has anyone with a winch used a snatch block with the Teryx yet. I was looking at the front of the Teryx, and cannot figure out a good place to attach the winch hook back to the front of the machine in order to use a snatch block. I am looking into fabricating some sort of tow hook to the front of the machine. It would need to hold at least 4000 lbs. I am trying to keep the factory bumper and plastic in tact. The only place I can find that would be easy, is to attach a D-Ring under the factory winch plate, but this would put it mighty low. If stuck in the mud, this location would be under the mud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts