Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is elwood, I am new to this site and the reason why i came here is to express what is going on with my teryx. I bought it from Kellys Kawasaki in Mesa Arizona and I have had it 5 months with 46 hours on it. I had it at the dunes for 3 days on presidents day weekend and on the last day it all the sudden lost power and had a loud knocking noise coming from the engine. We towed it back to camp. After taking it to Kellys they completely tore the motor down and told me that it wasnt covered under warranty because my AFE air filter had let sand in, I am calling b.s. on their reasoning. I have heard of alot of other people having trouble with the kawi teryx and the motors blowing top ends and what not. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man i hate to sound like im taking sides but if you bring your teryx in with anything on it other than the way it was made from kawasaki they can and have the right to deny your claim. ANything aftermarket throws a red flag up. If its a pain in the rear to completely put everything back stock then take it in would be worth them covering a 2500+$ repair bill. Ive seen where terracross tires voided a warranty where a guy had tranny issues. I will say that depending on the dealer and how well he will work with you can determine warranty work.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Supposedly they have to prove it caused it but if you have that intake on there and there is dirt or dust getting by the filter then they pretty much have you whether that caused it or not.

If it went all the way to court, a Judge would rule in their favor for sure.

Sorry man, that sucks.

Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts