Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what others have heard/experienced with the Kawi warranty. I took my 09 Sport into the stealer today with a broken axle. The tech told me that they would warranty it(it has just a few days left on the original 6 month manufacturer warranty) if after they inspect it they determine there was no contamination prior to the failure. He said it would be covered under the 6 mo. warranty, but that axles aren't covered under the extended warranty(which I'm in the middle of haggling with the dealer over price, as they sell them for $600. on ebay and the dealer wants $1100. for a 4 year). I know numerous guys with Rhinos and they break axles all the time and it's covered under the extended warranty. Usually they just have the dealer order another and they throw in a spare they have themselves. The Kawi tech also told me that they must do the work on the axle replacement- They won't just order another and let me do the work. Gritting my teeth over how long they will take to get this done.....Comments on your warranty experience greatly appreciated regarding what's covered on the extended, etc.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard back from the dealer- The axle will be covered under warranty, and if the parts come quick enough they will have it back to me by next weekend. No worries on it being stock Doug, I'd been told that by friends and I haven't done anything to it that would get me into trouble warranty-wise. Thanks for the heads up though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts