Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Teryx felled sideways into 3 feet of water (missed the bridge) everything ok except plenty of water trapped in the seat and can't get rid of it, any idea?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry, can't help, but we would all like to see some pictures of that!!!:yahoo:

Maybe just taking the seats off and letting them sun bake?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry no pictures, was kind of an emergency to get it out of there,(incredible but that thing started on the first try after being in the water for 45 minutes and made it out with only little help of the winch)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sun could take a long time since there seem to be plenty of water in there, when I shake the seat, I can hear water moving, so far the only way to get rid of it is to step on the seat , crushing the foam and then some water will come out, but there's still plenty in it and I've been doing it a lot...

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bet there are some nice new seats out there that are dry, just order some heated Twisted Stitch seats, ahhhh! Warm and dry... :laugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will probably end that way, funny thing is even if I can hear there's plenty of water in the seat it's still dry and confortable, water is really trapped somewhere...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got rid of that water! Drilled 2 holes in the plastic bottom of the seat sort of a compartement is formed there and that was the answer so end of the story.

·
Registered
17 Posts
man my right seat has done that since new. i can hear water in there but cant get it out. i will drill some holes and see what happens. also everytime i take the engine skid plate off water just pours out of the bolt holes. i am thinking abot drilling some holes in the lower frame rail so it can drain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kind of glad (sorry for you) that I'm not alone, will check those bolts hole tomorrow. speaking of the seat, drill the holes in the flat area located on the side (middle) there's kind of a compartement there, hope it helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't even there, was a home made bridge made for some standard 4 wheelers maybe a bit narrow but still acceptable. My buddy and my father took a ride to go fishing and it happened on the way back, father was driving, pure misalignement, sad thing is my Teryx only had 20 miles on it, good thing is except for a few bruises and a sore shoulder they were ok.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts