Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any particular reason why our electronics under the seat are not enclosed? I was thinking of moving some stuff around down there and then go to thinking about putting it in a waterproof batery box.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am beginning to see why now. i am in the beginning stages of my search and so far a sealed box is 80-100 bucks.
i am gona keep looking though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i am beginning to see why now. i am in the beginning stages of my search and so far a sealed box is 80-100 bucks.
i am gona keep looking though.
If you need to do that why not have a aluminum or plastic box made to fit with removable top. To find something to fit will be very difficult.. I am sure someone who works with plastics or even fiberglass could make something pretty slick. But if it fits correctly its not gonna be the cost of a tupperware container.....good luck......you guys who mudd all the time must spend more time cleaning than riding. I did a race that was nothing but mud and it took me weeks to get the thing back to where I started..
here is one pic of this process of cleaning....

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
because they're already waterproof. No need to enclose. Look at all the critical connectors. They are weathpac style gasketed connections.
However, Kawi caught so much flak for that that in 09 they moved em up just to appease people. It was a perception problem and not an actual electrical problem.

Trevor

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perception means alot....

yeah, i dont mud ecept for when its on the trails.....and mine is still caked underneath after several sprays and hand washing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
relocate electrical

This is my first post. Had to mention that the relays,connectors,cdi..etc under the seat I removed the plastic box to free up more space.I made more room for a odyssey extreme battery,perko 4 postion switch,air compressor plum to the outside thats leaving the stock battery in the same place.Still have room to store the 25 ft air hose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts