Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode my new teryx 40 miles yesterday. The center motor area was so hot my hip and thigh were still red 24 hrs later. Called the dealer and were told "yea, they run hot". Could this be right? I think there has to be something seriously wrong.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, first off welcome to the site, we are happy to have you!

Let me ask you, have you done any mods yet?

A lot of people are reporting that their machines are running hot, the first things I would have to ask are:
  1. Radiator fluid at the correct level?
  2. Did the fan ever kick on?
  3. Did the temperature indicator light ever come on?
  4. Is the radiator clean?
Not sure what type of riding you were doing or where you are located. Also, the machine will run warmer if jetted incorrectly.

Also, is yours an LE? If so, you can try moving the windshield up a tad to help. Finally, as the motor breaks in I have heard that it will run a little cooler, how many hours do you have on your machine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too hot

I'm from Ky. We were climbing small hills but mostly flat terrain. It is a 750 LE with only 8 hrs. The radiator fluid is good. Temp light did not come on. The fan did come on. The radiator is clean and we have not made any mods. What should I expect from the dealer?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did the fan ever come on after you turn the engine off?

my fan kicks on for a few right after I turn off the key if I have been riding for a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm experiencing the same heat issues with our new Teryx. We live in Phoenix, the increased temperature was not an option I purchased or needed.

I'll yank the windshield to see if that makes a difference. Any idea if there's an aftermarket solution?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yes try taking off or moving the windshield up a tad on the cage.

How many hours do you have on your machine?

Also, just above you I asked some questions...take a look at those and comment if you would.

Seeing as you are here in Phoenix, I would be happy to meet up with you and take a ride and tell you if mine is performing the same way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I removed the windshield last night and took a ride. WOW, what a difference. The cover temperture dropped 50 degrees. Now, I love my ride.

Really appreciate the advice we'll see you out on the trail soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts