Teryx HQ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I would expect and hope to receive an actual OEM Kawasaki replacement belt...however, why do I have the feeling it is an aftermarket replacement belt?

·
Registered
121 Posts
With "Kawasaki Teryx 750" mentioned twice & Factory replacement belt specified you'd probably expect it to be a Kawi belt. But, I'm thinking they meant it was a replacement for the factory belt (replacement meaning substitute for in this case) I'm thinking the advertiser could say OEM is not mentioned, therefore should not be assumed. If it were my ad, I would reword it so as not to mislead anyone. I'm maybe a little more particular about things like that than most people, but 26 years in my own business made me very conscious of business ethics.:)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is indeed an EPI Belt, I would not have paid 125 for another EPI belt when I could get one at your pricing Todd. In fact I am running an EPI I got from Hunterworks a month or so ago now with about 150 miles on it. I wanted to compare the EPI I got from you to a "Factory Kawasaki Belt" which is what I thought I was buying....

At least on the Hunterworks store, you can tell it is NOT the Kawasake Factory belt but an EPI, which I was happy to get knowing what I was going to get.

Guess OC Performance is definitely a place that you cannot trust to be honest in their descriptions it seems... Glad I paid by PayPal.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is this place great, or what? Let everybody know how that belt does. I've tried several different belts on my Prairie and the last one was a High-lifter, but to be fair, I've slowed down the last year or so, and I have'nt gave the High-lifter a real workout. I think that someone surely has a better belt than stock, and I will wait to see what works best.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this place great, or what? Let everybody know how that belt does. I've tried several different belts on my Prairie and the last one was a High-lifter, but to be fair, I've slowed down the last year or so, and I have'nt gave the High-lifter a real workout. I think that someone surely has a better belt than stock, and I will wait to see what works best.
So far the EPI has held up good. Pulled some 1200 pound logs up from my lower property and ran WOT for about 2/3 of the 150 miles. Holding up well so far. I read all the time how the Kawa belt is the best, so I figured if the EPI is this good, why not try the "best" as well. WTH right?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good enough for me, I'll try one the next time around. Did the stock one give up the ghost?, or did you just want to upgrade? Also, did you have to reshim with the new belt?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I toasted the first one because I ran it loose and my dealer did not ever check deflection even though I reported what I thought was belt slipping at the 20 hour and a subsequent oil change.

When I finally checked myself, it was way out of spec. I tore everything down to remove the thin shim from the driven pulley and when I measured the belt there were a lot of thin spots in the width of the belt. I got the new EPI from Hunterworks along with the tools. I left the thin shim out with the new EPI belt at the advice of stakk and so far so good.

Check this deflection out...

30.5mm!!

I also used to use H at slow speeds and pretty much tortured the loose belt until I could not take the bucking any more and just broke down and bought the clutch remover tool and spring compressor. I will maintain it my self now.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just home from work, about to install the Muzzy header.

Check this out. PayPal is definitely not on the side of the consumer. Oh well... Buyer beware when dealing with OCP. Nuff said...

Your seller has chosen to escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim. By
ending communication with you and escalating to a claim, the seller is
asking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part of
our investigation, PayPal reviewed any communication you may have had in
the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts