Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving down the lake yesterday, just cruising at 45kph when I heard a little pop and the engine died. Came to a stop, started it up and got a cloud of dark blue-black smoke out the exhaust, shut it off and started again, idles fine with just a wisp of smoke but dies when I give it any throttle. I got thinking maybe an injector, any ideas? 09 teryx, 50hrs, Oil and coolant levels still up. Warranty ended in Dec. :mad:

·
383 Posts
Were you pushing oil or is it worse. I am not sure if that is your problem. I think Todd thinks you were foing 45MPH, instead of 45KPH, therefore there wasn't any high RPM's involved.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got back out to the lake to check on the teryx, opened upthe airbox and found just a little bit of water in the bottom from sucking in snow, pulled the filter out and everything was nice and clean. Started it up with the filter in and the airbox open, ran fine, revved it up and got some smoke but not bad. Closed everything up and restarted, run for 5 sec and died, checked in snorkel, nothing, pulled lid off again and looked up air intake and snorkel and found a plastic bag blocking air passage, do I ever feel dumb:laugh: put some snowmobile prefilter material over the snorkel so that won't happen again.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts