Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Todd, Not quite sure what you meant when you said, "the power is made in the pipes." I know you've said in the past that 2 into 1 into 2 like Muzzy is usually the best for power, so would we also assume that 2 into 1 can also make a big improvement only if the pipes are the right length & diameter. After that, the muffler(s) can only improve or negate somewhat from that power. Hope I worded this correctly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was saying that, I really don't think any slip on is going to do much because the difference in power appears to come from the pipe before the muffler not the muffler so much.

Todd
Todd, I understand what you're saying with regards to the most notible difference came from the pipes rather than the slip on. First, I admit I'm an old 2 stroke guy racer so 4 strokes baffle me some times. Anyway, is the major improvement in the 'pipes' portion the unequal lengths? I got the impression that the Yoshi's slip on tried to account for the equaling out the lengths or atleast that's what it appears they are trying to do i the picture.

When's your HMF test coming?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Todd, I understand what you're saying with regards to the most notible difference came from the pipes rather than the slip on. First, I admit I'm an old 2 stroke guy racer so 4 strokes baffle me some times. Anyway, is the major improvement in the 'pipes' portion the unequal lengths? I got the impression that the Yoshi's slip on tried to account for the equaling out the lengths or atleast that's what it appears they are trying to do i the picture.

When's your HMF test coming?
If I understand what Todd is saying, I will run down to my shed and get a photo of the stock head pipes next to the Muzzy's and you will see the major difference. The Muzzy's are much larger diameter. I think this is what Todd is saying.

·
Registered
293 Posts
headpipe diameter is where the power is made

1 - 11 of 11 Posts