Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping around to find the best price for a new Kawasaki Teryx. I am looking for the NRA Outdoors model. So far, the best price that I have found is $10,499.00 before tax. That would be $11,299.00 with tax and title fees included. I will have to drive ~4 hours north to Atlanta, GA to get it for this price. So gas will cost me about $250.00. Does anyone know if each dealership pays different amounts for these vehicles, or is my local dealership just trying to get one over on me to charge $11,349.00 before tax. My local dealership told me that the mark up was only a couple hundred dollars on these things. If that is true, how can the dealership in Atlanta sell them so cheap?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Better check ALL of the hidden cost possibly with this dealership. They are the dealership that I have dealt with when I bought V-Force and Brute Force. (They are 40 miles from my house) They have guys bid up their stuff for them too. I haven't dealt with them lately. If you go there and buy, they are really good to buy a new ATV off of, but their parts department is REAL HIGH. I priced the plate for a winch for the Brute. Rocky Mountain had them for $66. Extreme wanted $99. They are about $20 a tire higher, too for aftermarkets.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I used to have a source who could have given us all the dealer cost on the Teryx, and the associated fees, that would have given you a good place to start the negotiations, unfortunately, his contact information is in a PM on a site that I am not aloud to use PMs anymore.

Also, you will find that it is a supply and demand thing...if you go to a dealer who has never sold one he will likely deal more than a dealer that sells several a month (granted this is not always the case) With that said though, some dealers want to move as many units as possible, while some want to make a killing on each one they sell.

Sometimes it is not always about what others paid, but how you feel about the price you pay. One thing to keep in mind, paying a little extra at a dealership you are comfortable with may be worth the hassle then saving some money at a dealer you do not care for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know that some dealers will work with you on price.

I went to 4 dealers before I found one that would work with me.

I found a dealer in Salem Oregon (cycle Sport) that sold me one for 400 off msrp, and waved the setup fee.
Non LE

I think alot of it has to do with volume they had 4 sitting in the show room.

i walked in other dealer and seen 100 Rhinos and one teryx

But what Diesel said it true
I will pay a little extra for good service.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the insight guys. I found a dealership here close by that has agreed to the NRA Outdoors for 10,500.00 OTD. That is the best that I have been able to find. This guy told me that they are having a hard time moving the Teryx because everyone wants to wait for the EFI. He did tell me that he has been told by his Kawasaki contacts, that the Teryx will be availible in EFI in September. I don't think that he would lie, because he knows that I would prefer to have EFI and he is trying to get me to buy one of the carb versions now. I believe that I will go ahead with the purchase of the carb version, and just try to get rid of it in a year to upgrade to the EFI.

Thanks for your help.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Just so you know...I have spoken to what I would like to consider a reliable source. Kawasaki will not release an EFI Teryx for 2009, soonest you may see one is 2010.

To me, and I am not a dealer nor do I have any inside dealer information, however, $10,500 OTD does sound like a pretty decent price to me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went and picked up the Teryx today. The salesman mas confused and had quoted me a price on a Camo Base Model. I spoke with the owner and ended up getting a NRA Outdoors for $11235.00 out the door. But I had to wait all day for them to put it together. It was still in the crate when I got there. I asked them not to install the top because of the cracking problem, but the dealer told me to just leave it on and if it cracked, I could bring it back and he would replace it. I didn't go over 65 MPH on the way home, but it didn't crack.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Congradulations on your new toy!! So have you had it out yet? What are the big plans for it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took it out yesterday for the first time. Put 23 miles on it. I had a really hard time holding to the breakin period instructions. After a while, I just ended up riding it like I stole it. I was very impressed with the power that this thing has. I took it down in the river bed, but had to let some air out of the tires in order for it to pull in the sand. I couldn't go far, since all of our trails were made by ATVs. I am going back out today and will bring along a chain saw. There are a lot of down trees that we have just gone under over the years. But a side by side will not fit. I will have to fix all of the trails so this thing will fit.

I plan on ordering the XT40 Warn winch, but am mixed between just getting the HunterWorks Mounting Plate, Or building a front 2" reciever hitch, so I can put the winch on front or back. I think it would be nice to have one that I can quickly disconnect and move or take off if not needed.

So far, I don't like the gas peddle. It is uncomfortable unless it is to the floor, (Pressed all the way). I have ordered the pedal extension from Unleashed UTV.

The speed limiter sucks. It cuts out at 50MPH, but feels like it has a lot more left. The machine is very stable at 50MPH. I will see about ordering the CDI from HunterWorks, but would like to know the top speed with the CDI first. Everything I have read just says (Increased Speed Limiter).

The suspension is great. I drove accross a field at 45 MPH that would beat you to death on my Honda Rancher. The Teryx was very smooth, I could hardly feel the bumps.

The noise is a little louder than I had hoped for while driving. Its hard to hold a conversation while driving. I will remove my gun boots to see if it helps with this.

The engine gets very hot, and when I stop, the fan kicks in and feels like a heater blowing on me. This will be great in the winter.

The carbs sound like they are popping or slightly backfiring some times when I am driving at low speeds (15 -25 MPH). Will check with the dealer about this.

When sitting still with the machine in High range, idleing, the belt would start sqealing. I lowered the idle and it seemed to stop.

Overall, I love it. It will take some getting use to, since all I have had in the past are ATVs. It's more like driving a small truck than an ATV, even in the handling aspect. I bought this so I could include my wife when I go riding, but all she wants to do is drive. She says its boring to ride. I guess I will have to buy her one too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
buy em at cost

I know a dealer who will sell one 50 dollars over cost taht is about 1000 under msrp and waive any set up fee and waive any doc fee. you must go to kansas to buy one. pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to agree with DP, it's how you feel about your deal and not compare to someone else's deal. It also means a lot to have a helpful dealer which is hard to find. I am very fortunate to have a local dealer that will give me a great price and continue to be there after the purchase. Although I am sure it helps I've bought 3 machines from them in the last 2 years!:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ditto on finding a dealer you feel comfortable about. I've heard nothing but good reports on my dealer. He gave me about $700 off list price & subtracted what I felt was a fair trade in price on old trail bikes from the discounted price so we both knew what we were actually paying for each others stuff. He also discounted considerably, everything else I bought (helmets, soft top, etc) at time of sale & since. The real proof of the pudding will be when I go in for the 20hr inspection & possibly have him install a carb kit etc. not purchased from him. Sure hope I'm not unpleasantly surprised!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and a friend bought 2 together on Friday. I got a red LE for $9599 out the door and he got the NRA for $10199 out the door. These were farm use in Texas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts