Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 09 sport. I know there are issue's with overheating, which people have experienced. I know some of the fixes are an impeller, new radiator fan, new radiator. What are other known issue's with the 09 teryx, in which there could be problems? I am looking to work these bugs out, so I don't have to experience any of this.

Thanks,
Stealth

· Registered
1,441 Posts
Have not seen any problems with stock machines over heating, a few of the big bore kits in heat and dunes maybe, biggest problem with my 09 is not being rode enough, no serios problems at all. Oh yeah I do know of one other other problem I don't have enough money to buy all of the things I want for it

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not seen any problems with stock machines over heating, a few of the big bore kits in heat and dunes maybe, biggest problem with my 09 is not being rode enough, no serios problems at all. Oh yeah I do know of one other other problem I don't have enough money to buy all of the things I want for it
Cool....I hope that's the case.....by the way....I have the same problems. :)

· Registered
141 Posts
I've burned a belt, but i have 28" tires and going to get a dalton clutch kit. Have overheated and lost coolant but was because of having mud on the rad. Have heard about someone saying that their engine had blown up from sand.(recomend getting a air filter conversion kit with a solid clamping surface)

· Premium Member
4,027 Posts
I just bought an 09 sport. I know there are issue's with overheating, which people have experienced. I know some of the fixes are an impeller, new radiator fan, new radiator. What are other known issue's with the 09 teryx, in which there could be problems? I am looking to work these bugs out, so I don't have to experience any of this.

Thanks,
Stealth
I don't think the overheating is such a issue either with a stock bike and there is really no reall issues with it. Just keep a eye on belt tension and don't ease on the throttle, gas on it.

If you need help with anything or just have tech questions feel free to call me.

Todd

· Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Since you are new to the site I think Todd at Hunter Works gives all new members $100.00 just call him and see tell him bigdaddy told you to call
This is absolutely true, I keep Bigdaddy's credit card on file and just charge his card every time I need to do this. FYI, Bigdaddy I think your card might be getting to the max, so send another number!!

· Registered
528 Posts
My 09 teryx overheated because the fan motor oddly went bad for no reason at all. Rex has never been muddy at all. I think it was just a lemon fan motor. Got it fixed and have had no problems since.

· Registered
22 Posts
Check your hose clamps, I found 2 of mine that leaked coolant. It might be from vibration, if it happens again I'm going to replace them with AWAB marine clamps. They've worked for years on my boat diesels with no problem.

· Registered
528 Posts
$$$$$$$$

This is absolutely true, I keep Bigdaddy's credit card on file and just charge his card every time I need to do this. FYI, Bigdaddy I think your card might be getting to the max, so send another number!!
Ok then if Big Daddy is foot-en the bill I need:
Dalton cluthch kit with tools
Mamouth sound equipment
5000 pd winch
Already have muzzy and msd

· Registered
528 Posts
he was just having a cool one I guess

1 - 20 of 30 Posts