Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what size and brand of winches you all are using. I have a 09 and would like to install one for use with trail emergencies and a future snow plow. Thanks.

·
383 Posts
Warn XT 4000lb. Works great, lots of power with synthetic line.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Viper has proven to be a good winch, I've had mine on for almost two years and have used it quite a few times.

Its the older model, but has held up well, if you do a search here you can find alot of information and different opinions on each winch.

For the money the Viper is a very good winch and I would not hesitate to buy another.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Looks like everyone else beat me to it. I would suggest the Viper Max 4500, why the 4500? Cause it is the lightest rating winch from Viper with a mechanical brake so when your using your snow plow the plow will not slowly pull cable back out due to having only dynamic braking.

We sell Warn and Viper, since we started selling the Viper back in Nov. we have not sold a Warn and have had zero issues with Viper. We have sold on average one Viper winch per day since the start.

Todd

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do not go with the 3000lb winch for a Teryx. I did, thinking that a winch with a pull rating of double the Teryx weight would be strong enough. I was wrong and it killed my battery yesterday while stuck in snow. I am hoping that battery power had a lot to do with my problem, as weak power to the winch should equate to weak performance of the winch. Changing out to a car battery and hoping that the winch will again save me instead of not saving me.:(

+1 Viper. I really do think that it was the battery that failed me the most.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would have used it if I wasn't stuck so freaking far from the nearest tree. I had all 50 ft of cable out and a 30 ft strap going up to the tree.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You will need a deep cycle battery to run in the Teryx especially with a winch... These bikes will pull down a battery pretty fast due to a weak charging system and a standard car battery will not recover where a deep cycle will.

A yellow or blue optima is what I recommend but there are others to go with.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll vouch for Hunterworks service........ Todd helped me get out of the woods with a breakdown and I dont have a winch and it was over the phone !.........:laugh:
But thats a whole other story.............:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts