Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I was putting 11s (XTRs)on the front of my teryx on Diesel M12s(14" rim). What size spacer would I need? Would a 1.0 " be enough or do I need to go bigger?

·
383 Posts
Are you just assuming that you need spacers?? I have had numerous styles of 11inch tires (26 "Baja Cross, 28" zillas and 27.5" growlers) on various different rims (14inch ITP SS 212, T-7 beadlocks) and have never needed spacers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you just assuming that you need spacers?? I have had numerous styles of 11inch tires (26 "Baja Cross, 28" zillas and 27.5" growlers) on various different rims (14inch ITP SS 212, T-7 beadlocks) and have never needed spacers.
Oh ok. Even better. I never thought of this. I had ITP steelies on with only 10s Executioners originally and I had clearance issues on the tie rod ends. I assumed the same would hold true with the new rims. I havent seen them on yet. The offset on the steelies must have been wrong. U run 11s on the growler right. How do you like that setup. Whats it like to steer. Hard on the arms? Also what kind of riding? You run in the bush a lot around trees etc or mostly open riding?

·
383 Posts
U run 11s on the growler right. How do you like that setup. Whats it like to steer. Hard on the arms? Also what kind of riding? You run in the bush a lot around trees etc or mostly open riding?
Yes i have 11's all around. It works for me, get better flotation with the bigger tires in the skeg. Unisteer does all the work as far as steering goes. I run all terains except dunes, most of my riding is done in the mountains in western Alberta.

Notice the lack of wheel spacers in the first pic. :wave:

Why 11's on front?
Because it looks cool as hell Todd, plus the wider tires help a bit to keep the front end up in the crap known as muskeg, floaty water soaked bottomless peatmoss. Major PITA to ride in but Alberta is probably 50% (very rough guestimate) covered with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i have 11's all around. It works for me, get better flotation with the bigger tires in the skeg. Unisteer does all the work as far as steering goes. I run all terains except dunes, most of my riding is done in the mountains in western Alberta.

"Because it looks cool as hell Todd"

LMAO sorry that was super funny.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

"Because it looks cool as hell Todd"

LMAO sorry that was super funny.
Bite me!!! LOL

Truth is spacers on the front have the wheels turning in a arc not pivoting plus spacers are rough on parts and you have to turn up your shocks due to the extra leverage and make you bottom out more in the rough stuff.

But by God they look cool!!! LOL

·
383 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts