Teryx HQ banner

What Tach are you running?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sleepy23 
#1 ·
Looking for a 10,000 tach to install in my teryx, only ones i have found are the 5" monster tachs i am looking for something smaller and cheaper just want to use it to get my clutch tuned perfect.

#3 ·
I use the Vapor dash in mine. What is nice is that the Dynatek has a tach output wire that you can hook to the Vapor :good:

#4 ·
Can't you use that same output wire on the dyna for any tach? anyone find a small affordable tach, looking for one also on clutch tuning.

#8 · (Edited)
I didn't ever look into tachs before. I just did some research that I should have done a while back. Only tach I ever use on a UTV was on the dyno and it clips to plug wire.

Most tachs connect at the coil and and if the coil is getting 8 fire signals such as a 8 cyl car then the tach needs to know to divide the pules by 8 to get the rpm.

The issue on some single cylinders is the plug fires a waste spark which means it fires on the exhaust stroke as well. The tach would need to operate for a two cylinder then to get the RPM right.

My timing light is a good example of that, it reads twice as high on the Teryx until I switch it to 2 stroke.

Looks like the Tiny Tach Commercial would be a good tach, not expensive and picks up every 1/2 sec. Totally programmable to what ever ignition type you have.

Making me think about this reminded me I could just use my timing light as a tach when doing road testing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.