Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting new seats or a msd.it is stock right now only mod is take off the stock tailpipe tip.what are the benefits of doing the msd.thanks any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It removes the speed limiter and raises the rpm limit makes small changes to your timing curve pick up 10mph on stock machine, and when you do other mods later like a muzzy or other exhaust you will be able to get map to change fuel and air mixture and improve performace greatly my personal opinion it would be one of the first mods I made,

·
Registered
27 Posts
i would save me up $1750.oo and order the tmw offroad 09-2010 power bundle. it comes with muzzy exhuast, afe intake kit, afe CVT filter, Dalton clutch, MDS Charge FI, but thats my opinion. i think stock teryx has like 25-26hp, these bolt ons bump ya up to 40hp atleast thats what tmw rep. told me. MSD is already mapped for the mods in the kit to.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i would save me up $1750.oo and order the tmw offroad 09-2010 power bundle. it comes with muzzy exhuast, afe intake kit, afe CVT filter, Dalton clutch, MDS Charge FI, but thats my opinion. i think stock teryx has like 25-26hp, these bolt ons bump ya up to 40hp atleast thats what tmw rep. told me. MSD is already mapped for the mods in the kit to.
Save money and don't get the AFE intake, waste of money produces nothing and the CVT filter is not a good idea anymore. Heat is a bigger problem than the dust.

On our dyno a stock 09 Teryx gets 29 and with those mods minus the intake and CVT filter you get about 36.

Don't always believe what someone who is selling you something is saying, even though I sell something this time it does not apply!! LOL

I would say, MSD, Muzzy, Dalton and OD clutch plate would be the best of the best as far as bolts ons go.

Two other optional items is some kind of set to stop the oil from getting into the plenum, several homemade set ups or we have a ready to go kit called a STOP kit and then a billet air filter adapter to insure you won't have dirty air slipping by the stock set up.

You will find most of the vendors here are right on and the members here are very helpful.

Todd

·
Registered
516 Posts
Diddo on what Todd said!

As for the seats, aftermarket seats are awesome and greatly improve your comfort level. Only problem alot of them will not fit with the stock cage because the headreats of the seat will hit the cage, unless you go with shorter seats or maybe someone makes seats to fit in the stock cage. You may have to do some mods to make a new seat fit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey man i would get the MSD first..then send your complete primary clutch to V Force John for a little clutch magic, then the muzzy duals..

·
Registered
123 Posts
First thing I would do would be a uni air filter & bilter adapter to keep the dirt & sand out of the engine. Terrible design imo.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The first thing I did was install an aluminum roof then a winch and a half windshield. I think I'll put a few more miles on her before I start pushing my engine to it's limits.:93C_peelout[1]:

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you ride in the sand dunes and wide open desert, i would go with suspension first, it is a must, if your in the midwest or back east where long travel is probably useless, then performance mods are probably the way to go.
sin city

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
+1 to what Todd said. I bought the aFE intake and HATED it so much,(LOUD) I sent it to Todd for free so he has really had one to test and knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the info i have the uni air filter.i probably go with the msd.then next will probably clutch then muzzys and seats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have a 09 teryx and i have roof/stereo and such nothing performance and looking to put a lil money into it nothing crazy, so i was thinking msd ignition for sure, i dont want an exhaust i prefer it too be quite then annoying loud so would else would be a good recommendation with the ignition?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts