1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
983 Posts
That is the problem with the teryx ..... when you put the same offset rims on the front and on the back ...... the rear of the car will be wider then the front. That is not the best setup to make the car handle and steer correctly.

3-4 offset in the front
4-4 offset in the rear
the above will make the front about 1/2 inch wider per side then the rear and will make the car drive alot better.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Registered
983 Posts
While saving weight is important .... the weight saved by goign from a 7 wide to an 8 or 9 wide is MINIMAL. IMO it is more important to have the cars balance correct. Having the rear wider then the front will make the car not track correctly and also not corner as good. The single best thing you can do is make the front about 1/2 per side wider then the rear. This will amke the car load transfer better and take a set in the corners.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was wondering why no one makes anything wider than 7"? I've got some douglas red labels in 8" and was thinking about mounting pitbulls with extra deep rim guard on them. Is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Basically ....... with stock suspension ot any kit that is adding the same amount to the front and back you will need to go 1 inch wider outer offset in the front.

3 in - 4 out front
4 in - 3 out rear

or

4 in - 4 out front
5 in - 3 out rear

this will make the front about 1/2 inch per side wider then the rear. In turn the car will transfer weight better in the turns, you will have better control of the car and i it will sterr better too. This is a KEY point with out long travel kit. With our long travel kit you can run THE SAME OFFSET front and rear ...... and the car will be about 1/2 inch per side wider in the front then the rear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to have the wheels stick out a 1'' further then stock. Do they make them with
2+5 front
3+4 rear

·
Registered
347 Posts
Basically ....... with stock suspension ot any kit that is adding the same amount to the front and back you will need to go 1 inch wider outer offset in the front.

3 in - 4 out front
4 in - 3 out rear

or

4 in - 4 out front
5 in - 3 out rear

this will make the front about 1/2 inch per side wider then the rear. In turn the car will transfer weight better in the turns, you will have better control of the car and i it will sterr better too. This is a KEY point with out long travel kit. With our long travel kit you can run THE SAME OFFSET front and rear ...... and the car will be about 1/2 inch per side wider in the front then the rear.

I want the dasa long travel! I'd have to get a loan to do it though. Can you just send me one and I'll sweep your floors or something till she's all paid off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts