Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really really need to get my Ryx hooked up with an aftermarket EFI controller. I have put some work on my new 09 teryx with only 3hr's on it and I'm chomp'en at the bits here..! I want to smoke the rest and it’s going to be a waste of money until I get my controller. I need to light a fire under some ones ass in glendora. (dynateck.. !) U have one for the rhino FI.

·
Registered
39 Posts
it will prob be a long time for a proven good controller is released like with the rhino it was at least 6 months before one that actually worked was released. Thats one reason why i bought me a 08 trex easy to tune and dont have to wait for the aftermarket and the 3500 i saved over a 09 model is being put to good use alrready in upgrades

·
Registered
516 Posts
Another plus to me about carbs is that when you start modding it out, it is easy to tune, EFI I am guessing you will have to start mapping your fuel injection system or upgrading you fuel system - pump / injectors / lines / etc... Maybe I will be wrong on this but like most hi perf EFI systems, you are into money.:confused:

·
Registered
668 Posts
OK --- 08' owners! Time to jump on the bandwagon and bash the 09's! :laugh: ...sure it will be short lived anyway...

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Give Muzzys a call, I believe they are done with theirs ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another plus to me about carbs is that when you start modding it out, it is easy to tune, EFI I am guessing you will have to start mapping your fuel injection system or upgrading you fuel system - pump / injectors / lines / etc... Maybe I will be wrong on this but like most hi perf EFI systems, you are into money.:confused:
Well it’s my understanding that you will have some basic maps with your most used upgrades. Pipes intake clutch tires and travel. Now I live in cali where on Monday I can ride +6000' elevation and on Tuesday have a sandy day at the beach. Not only that I can change a map by removing my seat and be on my way. If im not mistaken it not that easy to do jets or carbs comparatively speaking. Response on the throttle is very nice with my efi as well, compared to my dad’s rhino. I think that in the long run we will even out on the amount of money we put into our side by sides... all that really matters is the ride and the good times.

·
Registered
668 Posts
... all that really matters is the ride and the good times.
and so speaketh the truth! The ride and the good times!

Quite honestly....I really don't care who can out run my ride...there is always going to be somebody faster, more powerful and with more money than me!

Don't get me wrong, I do love building this SXS up, but it has got it's limits for me!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
If Muzzy has one it is someone else's, they don't make fuel controllers.

A fuel controller only will be available pretty quickly and then a ignition after that. I am on MSD to get it done and they are waiting on a local dealer to get one in to do the work off of.

This gives me a idea, I need a volunteer with a 09 Teryx to take their vehicle to MSD. They are in Texas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If Muzzy has one it is someone else's, they don't make fuel controllers.

A fuel controller only will be available pretty quickly and then a ignition after that. I am on MSD to get it done and they are waiting on a local dealer to get one in to do the work off of.

This gives me a idea, I need a volunteer with a 09 Teryx to take their vehicle to MSD. They are in Texas.
where is MSD..?
I could be your man

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have our Digi-Tune product in stock and programmed for the '09 Teryx. If you were told that we don't have any, then someone told you wrong.
The P/N is - 0015-00081 (you must specify that it's for an '09 Teryx when ordering)
MSRP $245.95

Nope called and they got nada..! thanks for getten my hopes up...:laugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
looks like it is the same as the bruteforce part number.

Do tell how much power can be made with this?

Im still on the fence 08 vs 09.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We have our Digi-Tune product in stock and programmed for the '09 Teryx. If you were told that we don't have any, then someone told you wrong.
The P/N is - 0015-00081 (you must specify that it's for an '09 Teryx when ordering)
MSRP $245.95
LOL.. You think I called and asked for a EFI programer with out telling them my make and model. :confused: ill look in to it. thanks
On your website i click on the teryx and under the proformance tab... you don thave a digi tune anyplace ? or any thing that says 2009?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks like it is the same as the bruteforce part number.

Do tell how much power can be made with this?

Im still on the fence 08 vs 09.

I think they should update their page to include the 09 teryx. If I have the only EFI controller for the 2009 teryx. I would be throwing that info out to everyplace/one. just seems strange?!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lankdog,

I'm sure you asked for the correct programmer. The Brute Force Digi-Tune has the same P/N as the '09 Teryx, but the programming is different. I have updated our sales staff with the correct info.
The site is being updated now.

LOL.. You think I called and asked for a EFI programer with out telling them my make and model. :confused: ill look in to it. thanks
On your website i click on the teryx and under the proformance tab... you don thave a digi tune anyplace ? or any thing that says 2009?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lankdog,

I'm sure you asked for the correct programmer. The Brute Force Digi-Tune has the same P/N as the '09 Teryx, but the programming is different. I have updated our sales staff with the correct info.
The site is being updated now.
Well Played my friend .. looking forward to picking this up .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts