Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am saving for some engine work and want to know where everyone living in the Los Angeles/Long Beach, Ca area is taking their rides for engine work. I'm thinking of a 840 kit and some clutch work. One of the people on this forum mentioned HRT and I spoke at length with Chris there. He recommends an 840 kit, not the 900 kit, due to longevity issues. Any and all suggestions regarding HRT or others would be very helpful to me. Also, I noticied on EBay, an advertisement for a turbo. Anyone use that kit?:wave:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all,

I am saving for some engine work and want to know where everyone living in the Los Angeles/Long Beach, Ca area is taking their rides for engine work. I'm thinking of a 840 kit and some clutch work. One of the people on this forum mentioned HRT and I spoke at length with Chris there. He recommends an 840 kit, not the 900 kit, due to longevity issues. Any and all suggestions regarding HRT or others would be very helpful to me. Also, I noticied on EBay, an advertisement for a turbo. Anyone use that kit?:wave:
Well thier is Trinity racing, >

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Hi all,

Who had longevity problems with a 900. Or better yet who builds a 900 besides me. The 840 is the best bang for the buck. Dasa Racing in Riverside has done a few of my V-Twin kits.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Who had longevity problems with a 900. Or better yet who builds a 900 besides me. The 840 is the best bang for the buck. Dasa Racing in Riverside has done a few of my V-Twin kits.
I was getting some information from Hrt in Ramona, Ca and they suggested the 840 due to possible problems with overheating, longevity, etc. I don't know who builds the 900 kit they are going to possibly install, but for all I know, it may be yours. I was just getting some rough estimates and trying to find out what kit they suggested to pass my son's RZR S. They told me to go with the 840 and possible do some cams and headwork. What do you think. whats it going to take to BLOW by him. Hes already talking about exhaust, but Chris at HRT seems to think that the RZR S is nearly at its limit for engine work. I don't know, just getting some knowledge on the subject before I put my money down. Custom Creations and DASA. I'll write them down and see what they offer. Thanks.:wave:

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I was getting some information from Hrt in Ramona, Ca and they suggested the 840 due to possible problems with overheating, longevity, etc. I don't know who builds the 900 kit they are going to possibly install, but for all I know, it may be yours. I was just getting some rough estimates and trying to find out what kit they suggested to pass my son's RZR S. They told me to go with the 840 and possible do some cams and headwork. What do you think. whats it going to take to BLOW by him. Hes already talking about exhaust, but Chris at HRT seems to think that the RZR S is nearly at its limit for engine work. I don't know, just getting some knowledge on the subject before I put my money down. Custom Creations and DASA. I'll write them down and see what they offer. Thanks.:wave:
Well as we have seen on here my std bore with stage 2 cams will do the trick,but the my 840 with stage 3 cams I think is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Trinity is on the 15 freeway just North of the 60. You will see it on the right hand side. I don't quite know the address but you should see it right of the freeway. They did some good work on a Honda 250r I had, but never on a side x side.

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Two guys from our group wana sell their RZR S when they waxed by our 840 Teryx from FST.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two guys from our group wana sell their RZR S when they waxed by our 840 Teryx from FST.
Now, thats what I need to hear. It sounds like the 840 kit is the way to go. Now, all I have to do is figure out if I want to do the work (or feel confident to do it:confused:) or have a shop do the work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts