Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on this site many time that the teryx runs hot anyway. What temp is normal, or should I say what are the ranges it should be in. No cooler than ? and no hotter than? Also I have seen that there is another type of coolant that we can use that will not boil as quick. Is this good or not. If you do not see the hot light blinking and you run it hot and stop you will at least find that our because it boiled over. Saying that if we run the other coolant that does not boil over as easy and we fail to look at our gauges then we run it hot to long and ruin the motor? I also heard that the other coolant runs the machine cooler any way but in order to install it we have to get all the original coolant out for some reason (corrosion I believe). Does anyone know the name of this other coolant,had any experience with it,and any positive or negative fed back on this product. I know I heard it was expensive. I live in the houston tx area where it gets in the 100's and would like my rex to not run hot at all. I know yall duners must deal with alot of heat as well over in the west. any info and thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you us it if so is it true you have to get ALL of the other stuff out due to corrrosion and does it naturally run cooler

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool let me know if you see a significant difference thaks alot

·
Registered
516 Posts
do you us it if so is it true you have to get ALL of the other stuff out due to corrrosion and does it naturally run cooler
Yes you need to get all the old coolant out, Evans doesn't mix with water/coolant, you put it in straight. It is supposed to transfer heat better and also the boiling point is alot higher, as for running cooler, maybe a little, the biggest thing is that it will not boil over until alot higher temps compared to regular coolant.
Twincylinder on here just put it in his with a Fundy standard bore kitand big tires, I think he said his is running cooler now with it in there. Will have to find that thread.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how would you get ALL WATER OUT of the motor. I can get it all out of the radiator seems like there would have to be some small pockets of it in the motor when drained or will it be ok with what may be in the block

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't know about the Teryx 750 engine but most have a drain on each cylinder at the bottom to drain off the cylinder, remove your lowest hoses on the rad and engine and drain off, you can use a little of the Evans to flush through anything to make sure it is clean. Evans has their own flush but for the small price difference between their flush and their coolant, just use the coolant as a flush.

·
Registered
165 Posts
any updates dasa? would like to get more info on this since my motor is out and i would like to swith ove while its convenient.

what about the amsoil coolant? looks to be the same as the evans?

·
Registered
258 Posts
what about the amsoil coolant? looks to be the same as the evans?
Amsoil is a propylene glycol based coolant, at 60% concentration provides for a 225F boiling point. If you can use a 15 psi pressure cap than increase that number ~40-45F.

Evans is waterless and the boiling point is somewhere in the 360F range

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Evans coolant works very well. I cannot provide exact numbers for you but can tell you that I wouldn't put anything else in my Teryx.

Cost around $30.00 per gallon and you can also purchase an engine prep to flush the sytem before filling it with the Evans.

On the dyno the only time the guage went up on the Dasa car was at idle when the pump was not flowing enough, as soon as we got on the throttle the temps dropped without hesitation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts