Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
i dont have experience with them, but my quick-light whip is awesome...

·
Registered
282 Posts
haha...no baller. just learned my lesson the hard way. i bought another led lighted whip before this one, and it broke in half right in the middle of the dunes.... the quick light is pretty strong. you can bend it into a pretzel and it wont break.. plus, i love the quick disconnect.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Which is brighter better colors?
Which can survive more abuse?
not sure about the brighter color question. my light is red and is very bright! the quick light is a tube inside of a tube. it is very strong. my other $100+ led whip broke off right at the section there it bolts onto the cage. good news is i still had the socket with the led light...bad news, i lost the 6' whip and flag=useless..... here is a pic of my 4' quick light whip just before dark here in vegas...bright indeed...

·
Registered
630 Posts
[/quote]

We do the 4 foot Quick-light on special for 170.00 any color but I will tell you BLM is craking down on Red and Blue. Spend the few extra bucks and you wont go wrong.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Which is brighter better colors?
Which can survive more abuse?
Doug

Green is really Bright and White is really nice as well... He uses a quick disconnect base that houses the LED and allows for a quick removal of the whip (like a air compressor fitting).

The whip is FIBER Optic about 5/8 of an inch thick then encased in a clear strong tube. As a demo I bend it into a horse shoe and it snaps right back, we have had a few guys roll over on the whips and they all have survived. No leaks or LED Strips to worry about.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have really liked my Safetywhips. They are a fiberglass whip and then I run the Superbright lights on top. Pretty amazing how much light they will put out. I switched to them because I had too many problem with other full LED whips.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do the 4 foot Quick-light on special for 170.00 any color but I will tell you BLM is craking down on Red and Blue. Spend the few extra bucks and you wont go wrong.[/QUOTE]

so does it come with a flag attached? or at least a spot to attach a flag? and do you run this pole during the day also typically? And how about 6 foot whip, i think i have read whips are supposed to be 6 foot, i know they are mounted higher on a UTV but i dont want to give a ranger a reason to pull me over.

·
Registered
630 Posts
so does it come with a flag attached? or at least a spot to attach a flag? and do you run this pole during the day also typically? And how about 6 foot whip, i think i have read whips are supposed to be 6 foot, i know they are mounted higher on a UTV but i dont want to give a ranger a reason to pull me over.[/QUOTE]

Comes with the flag on top of the pole... The flag need to be 8 feet from the floor and allot of guys who run the 6 footer always get whacked with the flexing of the whip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We do the 4 foot Quick-light on special for 170.00 any color but I will tell you BLM is craking down on Red and Blue. Spend the few extra bucks and you wont go wrong.
I always kinda wondered about that.. So they are cracking down because it's the same colors as the emergency lights?

I had no idea those things cost that much money.. I just ordered one without checking the price first..

RD

·
Registered
630 Posts
I always kinda wondered about that.. So they are cracking down because it's the same colors as the emergency lights?

I had no idea those things cost that much money.. I just ordered one without checking the price first..

RD
Yup.. they say it looks too much like an emergency vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts