Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one is everybody going to go with? gibson, muzzy, monsterpipe, lac, big gun, 2 brothers, woods?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I will be going with the Muzzy dual exhaust. I did talk to them today to get the results from the sound test, they indicated the dB reading was between 96 and 97 dB.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I will probably go with Gibson. I just want a slip on and I really don't want it to be much louder. I really can't justify a full system at this time so a slip on will have to do. Gibson makes a killer exhaust for everything else so I hope the Teryx is the same.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I work with a lot of dealers and performance shops including the 2 most reputable v twin kawiengine builders FUNDY and FST. Both of them will tell you that the dyno often proves the Muzzy design best on the kawi v twin atv's. And particularly if you use their custom longer duration camshafts it shows up even more. Sometimes in fact over the years,I've heard that many have sold the system they already had to get a muzzy once they decide they want a bit more serious rpm camshafts from the engine. I'm putting the muzzy on mine,as I intend to do a standard bore built engine. The muzzy is not as loud as some stuff out there,usually a bit more mellow,but still considerably louder than stock I guess,especially when you get on it hard.....but a very nice sound,not a tin can type of thing. I've already ordered it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
This is the same information I have heard helix...my Muzzys should be on its way to me for the project. Cannot wait to get it on there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts