Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at snow plows. Which is the best. The one that mounts to a front receiver hitch or the one that uses arms that go to a bracket under the machine.

I like the one that uses the receiver, but it is more expensive.

I appreciate any and all opinions.

thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I am looking at snow plows. Which is the best. The one that mounts to a front receiver hitch or the one that uses arms that go to a bracket under the machine.

I like the one that uses the receiver, but it is more expensive.

I appreciate any and all opinions.

thanks
I'm not a fan of either, the one under is harder to hook up and is too low to ground.

The one in receiver hitch has too much torque on the mount.

We have had good luck with the Eagle we sell.

Todd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone used the cycle country snow force system with the receiver mount?

I really like the look and the option of a 150lb downforce assist? Would a 60" blade or 72" blade be better? they offer a "state blade" as well in a 60" version which i s a smaller version of what the big trucks use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up getting the eagle system, just got it mounted and I have not got to use it. It seems very heavy hanging off the front of my Teryx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Straight and 72", a 60" will not cover the width of UTV on angle

I already have a winch mounted in front of the radiator and I assume the mounting brackets bolt on below where the winch is mounted on the frame? I just want to make sure I understand how this bolts up before I buy it and then find out I need to make a bunch of mods to the winch to make it work. I am really interested in the American Eagle 72" Teryx Plow.
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I already have a winch mounted in front of the radiator and I assume the mounting brackets bolt on below where the winch is mounted on the frame? I just want to make sure I understand how this bolts up before I buy it and then find out I need to make a bunch of mods to the winch to make it work. I am really interested in the American Eagle 72" Teryx Plow.
Thanks, Jim
It is just a mounting plate that is attached to front bumper for the most part, should not interfere at all with your winch unless you have something weird.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is just a mounting plate that is attached to front bumper for the most part, should not interfere at all with your winch unless you have something weird.
I will give you a call later today or tomorrow. My wife is on me to buy it and I want to make sure this is the best (strongest) plow setup for the money.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I run the Warn 60" on my Brute Force (4th winter). I didn't spring for the electic turner (would be a nice feeature but expensive). They have an awesome warranty. It has the quick release pinsto take off. It is a bit hard on the winch so I use the rope in winter and switch back to cable in summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which is best?

Warn, Eagle or Denlai Pro Moto Alliance plows system for 2010 Teryx? I need to replace my Mouse plow system that came with my Teryx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cycle Country Plow Blade...

Has anyone used the cycle country snow force system with the receiver mount?

I really like the look and the option of a 150lb downforce assist? Would a 60" blade or 72" blade be better? they offer a "state blade" as well in a 60" version which i s a smaller version of what the big trucks use.
I own a Teryx 4 and had the Cycle Country plow blade mounted onto it. The apparatus that held the blade in place kept folding on me. I maybe was able to get through one or two pushes before it would break. in addition, my Warn Winch Cable would snap repeatedly. I previously owned a 2009 Teryx with another blade set-up and didn't have any issues. Regardless, I gave up on having a blade on my Teryx 4 and purchased a '94 Ford with a hydrolic blade set-up and it beens a good winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a Denali 72" on mine.

Things I have noticed:

The mount plate goes under the winch. The bolts supplied are not long enough, so you have to buy your own. Not a biggie, but since they send hardware, it might as well be correct. 99% of us use the winch to raise/lower the plow, and they should realize that.

Keep an eye on the bolts, they loosened up on me!

The pins with the spring loaded balls that the plow pivots on failed on me. The ball bearings popped out and I lost one of the pins. Luckily I found it when the lot thawed out. I will put a clevis pin through the original hole to ensure it does not happen again.

I bought the plow strap and I am glad I did. My buddy wore his synthetic cable out plowing this winter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts