Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove one a couple days ago & now Im dying to have one
I always like the idea of a SxS but now that the Teryx has four seats im all over it!

I can't hardly think about anything else except getting one under my azz
...been selling my quad, quad parts, guns, guns parts, Anything thats lying around & I have't been using. I need a Teryx4 like a Crack head needs Crack!:drool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I test drove one a couple days ago & now Im dying to have one
I always like the idea of a SxS but now that the Teryx has four seats im all over it!

I can't hardly think about anything else except getting one under my azz
...been selling my quad, quad parts, guns, guns parts, Anything thats lying around & I have't been using. I need a Teryx4 like a Crack head needs Crack!:drool:
:D Just wait till you get one......Then come seats, belts, cage, exhaust, programmer, lights etc. etc. etc...... It's a sickness :laugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D Just wait till you get one......Then come seats, belts, cage, exhaust, programmer, lights etc. etc. etc...... It's a sickness :laugh:
Oh I know all about Mod Madness... been having that problem for about 20 years now! And I love the Kawie V-twin engine. I had a 08 Brute Force 750i, & a Prairie 700 I build for drag racing (sold it to help fund my future Teryx4).

BEst thing about the Teryx4 is that you don't need to mod the Seats & Cage ...just the exhaust, programmer, lights stc stc LOL:laugh:

So nobody has one yet!!???
Im surprised I don't see at least a few people on here that have one and are talking about it. Surely I won't be the 1st.

...Im hopeing to have one on my trailer and to the trails by next week:D

·
Registered
526 Posts
My freind just got his 4 seater the other day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently purchased the camo 4. I've spend a lot of time in the Rzr 4 and have nothing negative to say about it. The Rzr 4 is more sporty feeling and rides extremely smooth. The T4 comes from the factory with the shocks at the hardest rebound and compression settings. I softened the settings and lowered the tire pressure. The ride is vastly improved and atleast somewhat comparable to the Rzr 4. As for the rest of the machine, clutch engagement, engine, durability, and finish the T4 is pretty much is a stand out. I ride mainly hard packed trails w/ some mudholes and really think I'm gonna be happy with this machine. The back seats are so comfortable I think I will let my kid drive. lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recently purchased the camo 4. I've spend a lot of time in the Rzr 4 and have nothing negative to say about it. The Rzr 4 is more sporty feeling and rides extremely smooth. The T4 comes from the factory with the shocks at the hardest rebound and compression settings. I softened the settings and lowered the tire pressure. The ride is vastly improved and atleast somewhat comparable to the Rzr 4. As for the rest of the machine, clutch engagement, engine, durability, and finish the T4 is pretty much is a stand out. I ride mainly hard packed trails w/ some mudholes and really think I'm gonna be happy with this machine. The back seats are so comfortable I think I will let my kid drive. lol
Thanks for the input Joe! Thats very good to hear.
I live in Arkansas and we have tons of wooded rocky trails. I havent ever owned a sxs or driven one except for test drives on asphalt. I believe the Teryx would be more suited to Arkansas type of terrain more than a RZR, and I love the space that the Teryx4 has. Its just when I watch video's of them damn RZR's jumping in the dunes... makes me kinda want a RZR haha. I've been watching too many RZR video's and I was starting to think I might want one... but I know what I need ......Teryx4 FTW!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well... I signed my papers yesterday! I got the 1st EPS model that came to my local dealership (fresh off the Kawie Truck). They finished putting her together this morning & WOW this is one fun machine! It handles awesome & the EPS is a dream! Im sooooo glad I got the EPS! I rode in the back while family took turns driving (im 6ft 280lbs and I had lots of space) and its has plenty enough room to be comfortable. With a full load of people or pulling a trailer you can't hardly tell theres there is a load. That trailer in the picture is about 700lbs plus another 100+ of stuff in it and the T4 pulled it in HI-Range around the farm like nothing was there. I've hooked this trailer up to the Brute750 and the motor didnt have nearly as much pulling power. My guess is that the motor in the T4 produces more than 15% power increase over the past 750 motors. All in all I put about 20miles on it around the farm. I can tell the T4 is going to be alot of fun!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got the final design and fab work done today on our T4 UHMW package. This particular set is going on Reid Nordin's personal T4, Reid manages Kawasaki Racing and has run our skids on his Teryx's for years.

We wrapped the rocker's because this spot will get hammered on the T4

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my teryx4 le a month ago .i V put120 miles on it so far , runs great more power than my 08 and handles better. Ride is smooth and that's with 4 riders or 2 .ps love the power steering

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a camo with EPS, windshield, brushgaurd, plastic top. Traded in a 2010 Razor EPS. Pros: Seating is awesome, Like the console, adjustable shocks, one oil for the engine/trans/transfer. Easy to clean after a good muddin.
Cons: Loud engine noise on the inside, wide-long-tall; cant go down the small trails anymore. A little top heavy. 4X4 wont engage sometimes. A clunk when the power is first applied, like a u-joint or backlash problem ( friend says his does that too).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes my teryx 4 also has a slight clink noise when driveline lash is taken up .i felt this in all the models of teryx 4 I test drove. I think it's normal I've had similar noises in Polaris sportsman and my king quad 700.it is wider and taller than the rzr , but I've slid it around with four big adults and never felt as if it was going to tip over.the engine noise is louder than a Polaris my brother has2011 ranger crew 800 so we compare them all the time .then again the Polaris has its engine under the rear seat while the teryx is right beside you.compared to my 2008 teryx my 2012 is much quieter.the four wheel drive when activated sometimes you need to rock the vehicle or just put in neutral with foot off brake most of the japanese quads ara like that too.I have plans to ride this week end I will keep updating as I logg more miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same oil?

I have heard this a few times, but the manual calls for 10w40 for motor (4 quarts), wet brake oil for the rear dif, and 80-90w gear oil for the front diff. I actually called 2 dealers asking what to use in the front diff cause I didn't have my manual with me. They said 10w40. Had one dealer tell me gear oil. So I went with the majority and was wrong. Lot of difference in gear oil and 10w40 so I went with what the manual says.
But I absolutely LOVE my yellow EPS LE. Wanting to adjust the shocks and soften up the ride a little bit as mentioned before, but now sure where to start. Any tips? Thanks!!

I have a camo with EPS, windshield, brushgaurd, plastic top. Traded in a 2010 Razor EPS. Pros: Seating is awesome, Like the console, adjustable shocks, one oil for the engine/trans/transfer. Easy to clean after a good muddin.
Cons: Loud engine noise on the inside, wide-long-tall; cant go down the small trails anymore. A little top heavy. 4X4 wont engage sometimes. A clunk when the power is first applied, like a u-joint or backlash problem ( friend says his does that too).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts