Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talent on this board, somebody has to have figured this out. I need to get my Teryx on and off the flatbed quite a few times and pretty quickly. What is the best and fastest method and where are you guys hooking to and THANKS for ANY replies.
PS: keep in mind I have snow tracks on most of the time if that makes a difference on tie-down methods. Thanks my friends!
Dave Smith

·
Registered
47 Posts
With all the talent on this board, somebody has to have figured this out. I need to get my Teryx on and off the flatbed quite a few times and pretty quickly. What is the best and fastest method and where are you guys hooking to and THANKS for ANY replies.
PS: keep in mind I have snow tracks on most of the time if that makes a difference on tie-down methods. Thanks my friends!
Dave Smith
This method will cost a little bit but mount a front and rear winch and use the those as a tie down strap.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Doesn't take me too long.... I double wrap a strap around each end of the front bumper (stock bumper) and then I hook both ends of the strap to the front corners of my trailer.

on the back end, I run my straps through the bar that runs across the bottom of the box that the exhaust mounts to. I hook both ends of the strap to the back corner of the trailer.

I'm heading out on a poker derby on Saturday. I'll try and get some photos so I can post.

I've actually been thinking of posting a thread like this too. Thanks Eh!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nnadenoff- that's genius- I would've never thought of that. I even have a winch in my garage that I never mounted on the Teryx. Gotta make sure they wouldn't get stolen if I bought another one and mounted them on my trailer. Sometimes I'm a long way away from my trailer.
jfilion- yes, if you get a chance to post some pics, they would be awesome and THANKS for the replies!
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
It doesn't happen lots, but I have seen a tight winch cable holding a quad on a trailer loosen before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A fast way to do it is hook one onto the front a pillar with a soft tie and on the middle b pillar same way and just pull forward with middle strap and back with front strap it is super fast and easy and all you have to do is put one on each side and its solid.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A fast way to do it is hook one onto the front a pillar with a soft tie and on the middle b pillar same way and just pull forward with middle strap and back with front strap it is super fast and easy and all you have to do is put one on each side and its solid.
not sure where u mean by a pillar and b pillar? Do u mean on the cage somewhere?

·
Registered
311 Posts
My toy hauler has E-track,coolest thang sence sliced bread, On my trailer harbor freight got to D-rings 6.99 and bolted to floor.Work great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The A pillar is the front pillar where a winsheild would mount on on the roll cage, the B pillar is back in the middle of the car by where the seat belts strap onto the cage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use my winch all the time to hold it down, if I have the Camoplast tracks on, I don't tie it down any more than that. I may have to rethink that now.

When I have the tires on, I've been using the winch, and then a single ratched strap woven through the tire tread, and through the rear hitch hole.

I have a front on my trailer that I can pull it against though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
nnadenoff- that's genius- I would've never thought of that. I even have a winch in my garage that I never mounted on the Teryx. Gotta make sure they wouldn't get stolen if I bought another one and mounted them on my trailer. Sometimes I'm a long way away from my trailer.
jfilion- yes, if you get a chance to post some pics, they would be awesome and THANKS for the replies!
Dave
Here's some pics of what I do.

My thought is to tie the Teryx high and compress the suspension a bit. It keeps is solid on the trailer and doesn't move around at all.

When you wrap the strap around the bumper, make sure you think about which way you wrap them. One way makes the straps good and tight, but it's hard to take it off.

Sorry the pics aren't the best, I used my Black Berry. I just bought a Go Pro, I'll try again with a better camera.

I hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I usually do the rear with two straps hooks pushed through the square opening under the reciever. I've used one strap before and had it fail. Once cut through your not holding anything anymore. The front I strap down twice I hook on the edge of the front push bar through the smaller holes on the bottom of the bumper cover. I believe these might be there for the addition of tow hooks of some sort. Have a look under there you'll find them. Also, I do hook up to the winch in the center of the trailer. Winch wise I have also heard damage can occur. I have yet to see that. If you loosen up more than likely your winch cable wasn't tight to begin with. That's the only way it should loosen. This does depend ont the type of winch. Todd would confirm this I'm sure. Little trick I have for winding winch tightly. Reel out full cable/rope hook up to a tree and let the winch drag your baby in. When your winching lots this is sometimes what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I always try to tie down low.
I wouldn't matter much on pavement but on rough roads to some of the places I ride, the shock movement doesn't let the straps get loose or unhook vs. hooking up higher on the Teryx or quad. I don't like to compress the shocks all the way down unless I have no choice for trailering.
I like the wheel chocks and straps and some of the fancier trailer straps, but I seem to just use lots of standard tie downs so far. (Gess I keep spending that money into my Teryx money pit).

·
Registered
177 Posts
I always try to tie down low.
I wouldn't matter much on pavement but on rough roads to some of the places I ride, the shock movement doesn't let the straps get loose or unhook vs. hooking up higher on the Teryx or quad. I don't like to compress the shocks all the way down unless I have no choice for trailering.
I like the wheel chocks and straps and some of the fancier trailer straps, but I seem to just use lost of standard tie downs so far. (Gess I keep spending that money into my Teryx money pit.
The basket style straps that you use over top of the tires are the best method I'm sure. If you use the same trailer and can put in D-rings it completely eliminates the compression of the suspension. Best way to haul it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the great replies. Good to hear that there's more than one way to do it. I have literally never even met another person that owns a side by side (UTV) of any kind so I'm in the dark on most of this stuff. Kept thinking that there must be a better way.
DS

·
Registered
20 Posts
I usually do the rear with two straps hooks pushed through the square opening under the reciever.
Thats how I have been doing it but lately I have noticed that it is chaffing my straps to the point that I dont trust it. The square edges on the lower part of the reciever is going to cut them eventually. Ive been looking for an alternative as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The A pillar is the front pillar where a winsheild would mount on on the roll cage, the B pillar is back in the middle of the car by where the seat belts strap onto the cage.
I just tried your way when i was bringin my teryx home from my race shop that is super fast and my car feels solid on the trailer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just tried your way when i was bringin my teryx home from my race shop that is super fast and my car feels solid on the trailer.
I still can't figure this one out- can anyone help? It is done with only two straps? Is this attaching to the uprights on the roll cage? How can that be with just two straps, and what are soft straps? Thanks!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts