Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some posts on here regarding oil pressure gauges, but they are fairly old. Had anyone come up with a simple and reliable oil pressure gauge setup? I realize that some folks were using an oil cooler adapter. I'm not too keen on that idea so I thought I'd check.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I read some posts on here regarding oil pressure gauges, but they are fairly old. Had anyone come up with a simple and reliable oil pressure gauge setup? I realize that some folks were using an oil cooler adapter. I'm not too keen on that idea so I thought I'd check.
I just rethreaded the factory fitting to 1/8 pipe thread and used a electric gauge that has connections to the stock light and the new guage.

The stock fitting is some type of british pipe thread and it's not tapered like the US version so the rethread was just make it tapered and not changing the thread pitch.

Here's the guage I used

Equus 8264 - Oil Pressure Gauge | O'Reilly Auto Parts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I just rethreaded the factory fitting to 1/8 pipe thread and used a electric gauge that has connections to the stock light and the new guage.

The stock fitting is some type of british pipe thread and it's not tapered like the US version so the rethread was just make it tapered and not changing the thread pitch.

Here's the guage I used

Equus 8264 - Oil Pressure Gauge | O'Reilly Auto Parts
are you saying your light still worked also you hooked to both ? What kind of oil pressure does a stock Teryx run ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to see a couple more setups? Anybody else care to chime in?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use Gaffrig oil pressure guages and senders on the Teryx' I build. I purchase a 1/8 brass tee and using a die, I rethread to BSPT thread. I then retap one side to BSPT thread as well. The threads are so close to eachother that all I am trying to accomplish is to make it a little easier to thread with out stripping.

The stock sender will thread directly into the tee and then I install a 45 into the other side of the Tee to mount the new pressure sender for the guage. This will allow everything to fit in the stock location. I will try to get some good pics soon but will need the time to tear the car apart to get to it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any pics yet Fuelatv?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not a big fan of idiot lights and plan on plumbing in a sending unit and gauge. When I get my post count high enough I will post pictures of what I used and how I did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts