Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres a quick story on why I hate the dealership. So I recentley picked up a new 2010 and wanted to get an extra key made to leave in my buddies trailer in case I lose mine he will have a copy. We do this with our truck and trailer keys as well. Anyway I calll the Dealership and they connect me to the girl in the parts dept. I say I would like to order a replacement key for my Teryx either already cut or a blank. She says "you mean a T-Rex" I say I dont care what you call it I just need a key. She puts me on hold for about 2 minutes and come back to say "T-Rex is made by T-Rex the are an independant company you will have to call them for a key":confused: I said you must be shitting me you work for Kawi in the parts dept and think the Teryx is made by an idependant company. She says " Oh Kawi makes it let me go see what I can find. ... I just hung up. Thank God for the info on the Forum and the Vendors who actually know their shit. I thought youd get a kick out of this story

·
Registered
116 Posts
My buddy who owns a RZR just told me a few days ago a simular story. He went to his dealership to buy an air filter for his RZRS. The girl behind the parts counter asked him if that was made by Polaris. Unbelievable!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
T-Rex is made by T-Rex huh?...You've been a tremendous help darling...now go have your boyfriend blow in your ear for a re-fill...:mad:

·
Registered
189 Posts
a t-rex is that 3 wheel machine with the Kawi 1400cc engine in it. She probally thought thats what u where talking about.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The dealer here is about as bad. As dumb as that parts girl sounds you should here the service department trying to describe a issue with the customer:( Can you say kanooter valve :laugh:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Kinda have to blame the owner of the dealership itself... I mean you pay for what you get... No one that actually knows something is going to work at a atv dealer for long because it pays crap. :eek:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Called my local dealer and asked them if they sold and installed dalton clutch kit and they said HUH!!!!! these machines dont have a clutch, they are belt driven, and I said oh ok thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts